cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just today bought a new...

Ace Contributor
Aleah T Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
11 of 41
I'm also saving up for 6 or more months in South America next year: Peru, Ecuador, Brazil, Colombia, Bolivia. I can't wait!
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
12 of 41
WOW! Guaruja looks similar to the Gold Coast, but it looks way better, the beaches at Guaruja look a lot bigger and it looks like there are more highrise buildings too!
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
13 of 41
Finally you bought a new chair. Did you throw away the old one? :bigsmile:
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
14 of 41
No I did not throw away the old one. This new one is like a standard office chair, it has 4 wheels as well and is more comfy. Hey thinking of buying a Samsung smart watch to go with my Samsung phone. The one I want is $249 here locally.
Community Guru
15 of 41
Thinking of buying Laptop Macbookair 13.3/1.4 Ghz/4 Gb/128 Gbflash Storage 2014. I have been using Windows 7 for a long a time, I am just worried that I might not get used to it. I been goggling to see what people say about this, some say it's good to switch
Ace Contributor
Aleah T Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
16 of 41
I also want to switch, but hesitant because I'm used to the Windows OS. Hmm... Let me know when you do. Smiley Very Happy
Community Guru
17 of 41
I can buy it, but it's not like I have money to burn, but I do want to see what the fuss is all about. I want a new laptop, so I really need to make my mind up next week. I remember when I switched from Blackberry to Samsung Galaxy S3, I hated it in the begging, then I was glad I bought my Galaxy. ...................... I own a Macbook Pro, so unlike a lot of you keyboard warriors, I’ve used both OSes extensively. With that out of the way… W7 is hands down the better OS. Here’s why: 1) Better interface -That’s right. Press the red ‘X’ and your program exits, completely. Want to do the same in OSX? Oh, oops, you have to “CMD + Q”. -Want to maximize windows to fill the entire screen in Mac OSX? No can do. have to install RightZoom to do it. -Pin commonly accessed programs AND related files on the Taskbar. Want to do the same in OSX? You’re SOL. 2) Better navigation -Easily Alt-Tab back and forth between separate Explorer windows. Want to do the same in OSX? Oh, oops, you have to right-click the Finder in the stupid icon bar, move your mouse, and select the window you want to see. 3) Better security -Sure, virus outbreaks happen, but Microsoft is on it like a fat kid seeing cake. Security updates happen almost nightly. Mac OSX updates happen on a monthly basis, at best. Real-life analogy would be comparing one house that is adding a new lock on a nightly basis, versus another house that adds on a monthly basis. You tell me which one is more ‘secure’. 4) Better multimedia -WMP12 or Quicktime? Windows Media Center or… er… what does OSX have again? 5) Better search -Spotlight makes you wait for an indefinite amount of time to “index search results” before you can find the item you want. Windows search just does it right off the bat. And as for including web results in Spotlight search… who the hell doesn’t just open their browser to search up what they actually want from the internet? 6) Task Manager -Check what is bogging down your system. Unlike what Apple fanboys want to believe, Macs get bogged down just as often as W7. Want to know what’s slowing down your Mac? Have fun guessing. So with all that and other gripes I haven’t listed, why the heck did I buy a Mac? Because I had money to burn and wanted to see what the fuss was all about. And also for the minute chance that Steve Jobs might run into me and see… W7 running on my Mac. Peace, MikeFunktastic Response from someone to Mike: 1) Better interface -That’s right. Press the red ‘X’ and your program exits, completely. Want to do the same in OSX? Oh, oops, you have to “CMD + Q”. Meh, no big deal. It’s sometimes useful to have a program open with no active windows. -Want to maximize windows to fill the entire screen in Mac OSX? No can do. have to install RightZoom to do it. Agreed. It’s irritating. -Pin commonly accessed programs AND related files on the Taskbar. Want to do the same in OSX? You’re SOL. You know you can drag apps and documents to the right end of the Dock and they’ll stay there, right? 2) Better navigation -Easily Alt-Tab back and forth between separate Explorer windows. Want to do the same in OSX? Oh, oops, you have to right-click the Finder in the stupid icon bar, move your mouse, and select the window you want to see. Try Command-Tilde. Does exactly what you want. 3) Better security -Sure, virus outbreaks happen, but Microsoft is on it like a fat kid seeing cake. Security updates happen almost nightly. Mac OSX updates happen on a monthly basis, at best. Real-life analogy would be comparing one house that is adding a new lock on a nightly basis, versus another house that adds on a monthly basis. You tell me which one is more ‘secure’. Um… isn’t this beside the point a bit? Isn’t the point that we’d all prefer to live in the house that gets broken into less? Who wants to spend their life adding locks to a house? 4) Better multimedia -WMP12 or Quicktime? Windows Media Center or… er… what does OSX have again? iTunes? QuickTime player? QuickView? How many more choices do you want for viewing media files? 5) Better search -Spotlight makes you wait for an indefinite amount of time to “index search results” before you can find the item you want. Windows search just does it right off the bat. And as for including web results in Spotlight search… who the hell doesn’t just open their browser to search up what they actually want from the internet? Meh. Indexing does take a while the first time you set up Spotlight, especially on a full disk, but it’s pretty painless most of the time. It is a bit daft to include web pages in Spotlight searches; just turn it off in System Preferences if you don’t like it. 6) Task Manager -Check what is bogging down your system. Unlike what Apple fanboys want to believe, Macs get bogged down just as often as W7. Want to know what’s slowing down your Mac? Have fun guessing. I see you’re charmingly unaware of Activity Monitor, the handy app sitting in /Applications/Utilities which does exactly this. For old-skool fun, you can also fire up a terminal, run “ps -ax” or “top” and then terminate unruly processes with extreme prejudice using “kill -9″. ................. After 29 years, I bought my first Mac—and I hate i OS X vs Windows: 8 reasons to switch to Mac Paul: As an IT person who makes living troubleshooting PCs, I will never recommend a Mac for my customers for I will be out of business! I own 2 iMacs for my kids, 1 Macbook Air for my wife, 1 MBP 13" for myself. Also I just purchased Mac Pro 2013. Of Course I own several PCs running Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1; I need those for business practice. All I can say is "Thank you MicroSoft". You have made made a lot of money Smiley Happy. The worst the operating system the more money I make. .................. Aleah, what will you do?
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
18 of 41
have you tried open source? i'm gearing myself up for linux. not there yet, but trying.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
19 of 41
[quote=Junelle A.]have you tried open source? i'm gearing myself up for linux. not there yet, but trying.[/quote] Have you checked out the windows programs that don't run in Linux? EDIT: I must say, I don't know much about Linux, but I see it does not run IE. Who still uses IE?
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
20 of 41
i haven't had any problems using windows programs, but the audio *does* become a bit problematic whenever i use linux. could be the version i'm using though.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS