cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just today bought a new...

Ace Contributor
Aleah T Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
21 of 41
[quote=Natasha R.]I can buy it, but it's not like I have money to burn, but I do want to see what the fuss is all about. I want a new laptop, so I really need to make my mind up next week. I remember when I switched from Blackberry to Samsung Galaxy S3, I hated it in the begging, then I was glad I bought my Galaxy. ...................... Aleah, what will you do?[/quote] Thanks for the research, Natasha. I don't have money to burn; I'm trying to save like crazy for my South American trip. The netbook I have now is pretty okay except for the battery. I bought it 4 years ago for $300. And Macs are how much? $1,500? No contest haha So, bottom line: I'll buy a new netbook. Definitely not a Mac. Probably a Lenovo. You?
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
22 of 41
That was John :bigsmile: I have 3, but I want a new one. I still have not made my mind up. I am not sure about buying a Mac. I like this one
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
23 of 41
That 4K monitor will be nice. Good specs on that one.
Community Guru
24 of 41
The only program I use on Windows or Mac for multimedia is VLC Media player by Videolan it's the Shnizzle. When people say they use quicktime or WMP I just laugh at them.
Community Guru
25 of 41
I would not buy that. The specs seem to low like only 4GB of RAM and 128 GB of hard disk space.
Desiree P Member Since: May 22, 2014
26 of 41
I was thinking about purchasing the surface 2, (which is big because I am a Mac girl lol) how do you like it? Also, are you able to download the oDesk software and have it take your screen shots when working? That is my burning question I can't seem to find the answer for and I don't want to purchase one and not be able to make it work with oDesk software!
Community Guru
27 of 41
It runs Windows 8.1 so while I haven't tried oDesk tracker on it, I am sure it would work. It is really fast too with the solid state drive.
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
28 of 41
Well, I have one client left and that job is winding down. So I bought a Suzuki DR650SE, tricked it out for adventure riding (off road and camping)... Headed out Aug 14 on the COBDR, then 1st week Sept riding the Western TAT. http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/COBDR http://www.transamtrail.com/the-trans-am-trail/ Western TAT commonly starts in Telluride, CO. and ends at the Oregon coast. Will post pic on another offtopic of bike and such the day i leave, just to say goodby y'all.
dipti g Member Since: Apr 14, 2015
29 of 41

Hello,

Can you tell me if odesk team app works on 

Asus EeeBook X205TA Notebook (4th Gen Atom Quad Core/ 2GB/ 32GB EMMC/ Win 8.1/Office 365) or on HP 1000- 1b10AU

as I am thinking of buying either of the two?

Best regards,

Dipti Gharat

Community Leader
Pravin K Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
30 of 41

Dipti,

Maybe my suggestion comes too late...

oDesk Team App will work fine on both the devices.

I would prefer the HP model personally. It has a bigger screen than Asus model. It is also compact enough to carry. Performance wise Asus is slightly better. But overall I would go for HP.

Pravin

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS