🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: I love Upwork 3000.
Page options
f_tiangco
Community Member

I love Upwork 3000.

I love the old Upwork! this one, not so much. This one, reminds me of my ex where its all about her and what she needs usually its $........ I wish for the old upwork to comeback I really miss her.

I miss the times when I was not concern for the amount of connect that I had to spend applying for a job and not worrying if the job is real or not becuse some of them are fake.

I miss the days when upwork and me are just working together and earning decent amount of money for the both of us, because now it feels like I do all the work and she gets all the pay.

I miss the nights we spend together making sweet sweet art and design and also animation, and not giving a DMN if it's already morning, and not thinking if this project is taking to long to finished.

Please leasten to me, your old loyal production guy, and not your new marketing guy who only thinks of how much we can get out of this freelancers,

Please come back old Upwork my friend and partner, please come back.......... 

18 REPLIES 18
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

I was touched!

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yeah, breaking up is hard to do.

The advice columnist Ann Landers used to get letters all the time from people who wondered whether they should break up with their partners. Her advice was to ask yourself if you're better off WITH them or WITHOUT them. 

It was sound advice.

Yeah, I loved Macromedia Flash and the times when I was an ace using it, and everybody wanted me to make them a website. Who cares?

You must adapt, don't struggle, be like water.

Christine A wrote:

Yeah, breaking up is hard to do.

The advice columnist Ann Landers used to get letters all the time from people who wondered whether they should break up with their partners. Her advice was to ask yourself if you're better off WITH them or WITHOUT them. 

It was sound advice.

I can assure you a lot of freelancers have broken up with Upwork, made up, and will soon break up again Smiley Tongue

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines

We encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I was heartbroken when Windows XP finally died. I still mourn, but for better or for worse we have to move on. If it is for worse, then we have work around it ... 

The first step in recovery is addressing there is a problem.

I'm not an expert but I think windows xp was taken down because they need people to buy the new windows software, not because its not working.

And windows xp is basically windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 with improvements.

Dont you guys love the old upwork?

And guys this is for all of the freelancer and not just for me.

If we just accept the state of things and say move on and be like water then things will never get better for freelancer, it will only gets better for the people hired by upwork to shutdown the freelancer that thinks there is a problem. and I know there is a lot of them here, trust me I use to work in advertising. And the company hires people like this, I think they are refered as social media managers. 

If we move on and say its just the way it is then after a while I think we will be force to pay money monthly, weekly or daily to maintain your upwork profile. And if you want to add more images in your portfolio, you pay. And if you want to talk to your client, you pay. And if you want to edit your service you pay. And everything that makes upwork great and exciting, you pay.

There are ways for upwork to make more money like ads insted of buying connects. 

This are ways for upwork to make more money.

1. Ads ( I know we all hate ads but I would rather look at ads than pay for connects )

2. Acquiring more freelancers( You can achieve this by enticing fresh grads by going to universities or advertising upwork in social media and not just organizing a local get together to sing kumbaya to each other)

3. Acquiring more clients for freelancer.

4. Bonuses for top rated freelancer this can be less upwork fee or more connects

5. Bonuses for clients that use upwork this can be less upwork fee

6. Additional pay for premium members.

7. If you are a premium member you have large amount of connects.

8. premium members has the first proposal that the client see

9. No more 10% 20% 30% for upwork fee only 25% for all upwork fee regardless if the client is a returning client.

10. Only premium members can buy connects.

And this are just my Ideas and I'm not a strategist. 

I'm not sure who the old Upwork is. You mean the one we left last June?

I must admit I'm happy to see that people seem to be spending their connects more wisely. It's not as before, where 50 people would answer a stupid job offer that was clearly not going to work out anyway. I'm also happy to see that cheap clients seem to be getting less offers.

The real problem with Upwork is not the new connects policy, it has more to do with the obsession for money. And this is not a new aspect of Upwork. It's an obsession that is shared with many inhabitants of this planet, and by the way, this is the sure way to bring about the end of the planet as we know it. This might not be such a bad thing after all.

Elance and Upwork in first two years was very good place for work.

Unfortunately these days are completely in the past and reality now is very expensive for developers .the outcome is yet to come

You want Upwork to raise fees to 25%? 

I'm going to take you out. 

Your night will end with a good long midnight kiss.

Please get the references. 

yes  Alexander i prefer 25% fee for first 500 and free job posts and  each job bid to be 1 connector  instead  6 connectors and paid job posts.

Now i pay to Upwork more widouth taking  job then before .  In the past version of Upwork  for 70 connectors i take more jobs then now for same number of connectors.  That's my reallity .

share your experience . 

my night are very good thanks you , Upwork is far from them 

lysis10
Community Member

Your ex says you were doing it wrong and she/he found someone more satisfying.

root_graphics
Community Member

Guys and Gals,

I read the first few feeds...I'm new at upwork but, infact some job post do look fake (no verification payments ready) and weird job posting, I would flag it but I'd just waste time so I'm skiping through.  Anyways I buy in on connects and I feel a bit iffy after, like is this for reals?  Am I'm going to make roi.  Will, I give it a shot.  Xp did not die, its very well alive just no longer supported, flash is still cool (what a waste if time in college if I can't still use it) , real art does take some time to be very detailed.  I still want to try out Upwork to make it a success...give it about 3-6 months time frame to see how Upwork goes. Positive mindset.  Just interested, concern candidate, reading feeds on whats going on with the Upwork community. I've tried Elance...didn't go very far.

Thanks, keep me updated,

-Brian S.

Having coffee...

Brian S wrote:

Thanks, keep me updated,

-Brian S.

Brian, you'd have to keep yourself updated, just like you're already doing. It's your job to keep yourself updated.

Brian S wrote:

Guys and Gals,

I read the first few feeds...I'm new at upwork but, infact some job post do look fake (no verification payments ready) and weird job posting, I would flag it but I'd just waste time so I'm skiping through.  Anyways I buy in on connects and I feel a bit iffy after, like is this for reals?  Am I'm going to make roi.  Will, I give it a shot.  Xp did not die, its very well alive just no longer supported, flash is still cool (what a waste if time in college if I can't still use it) , real art does take some time to be very detailed.  I still want to try out Upwork to make it a success...give it about 3-6 months time frame to see how Upwork goes. Positive mindset.  Just interested, concern candidate, reading feeds on whats going on with the Upwork community. I've tried Elance...didn't go very far.

Thanks, keep me updated,

-Brian S.

Having coffee...

Don't worry about the no verification payment part, just make sure you only start the work once you have been sent a contract.

f_tiangco
Community Member

Friends Im not saying anything bad about Upwork, I love you Upwork 3000 was Intended to say that upwork charges are getting harder and harder tolerate. I wrote this message in a romantic way so that I dont get attack by upworks employee or suspended, because I don't bite the hands that feeds me.

**Edited for community guidelines** But all Im asking is that maybe there is a way for upwork to make more money rather than charging connects.

Think about this if you have no money you get a freelance job to make money, but to be able to get a freelance job you must have money to buy connects,

And barrowing money is not making money.

If some of the freelancer here in upwork pitch ideas then maybe one of the ideas will work instead of commenting be like water and your ex says you were doing it wrong and she/he found someone more satisfying.**Edited for community guidelines**This comments dose not solve anything.

Please don't suspend my account I'm just trying to make a Point.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

This thread will be closed from further replies. As a gentle reminder, please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community.

Thank you for participating in this thread.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths