cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a creative writer, according to Upwork

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
11 of 14

Thanks for the advice, Anthony. But maybe I should try to write a Great Italian Novel instead.

After my success in one test of a skill I don't have, I decided to try another one: Italian to English translation. I don't know any Italian apart from a few well-known phrases, like "arrivederci Roma", "cosa nostra" and "bunga bunga".

Well, I managed to pass with a score of 4.25/5, but that only got me a "below average" badge. I guess the test must be very easy for someone who actually knows some Italian!

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
12 of 14

Richard W wrote:

Thanks for the advice, Anthony. But maybe I should try to write a Great Italian Novel instead.

After my success in one test of a skill I don't have, I decided to try another one: Italian to English translation. I don't know any Italian apart from a few well-known phrases, like "arrivederci Roma", "cosa nostra" and "bunga bunga".

Well, I managed to pass with a score of 4.25/5, but that only got me a "below average" badge. I guess the test must be very easy for someone who actually knows some Italian!

1/ Did you just click on any answer? 

2/ I read something about the origin of "bunga bunga", it's not even Italian. If there were questions including "bunga bunga", the best is to notify Upwork.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
13 of 14

Luce N wrote:

1/ Did you just click on any answer? 

My original plan was not to look at the Italian at all, but just an pick an answer that was grammatically correct and seemed plausible. (If I remember correctly, when I took the Russian to English Translation test, many of the wrong answers were not correct English.)

However, once I started the test I realised this wasn't going to work, as all the answers were grammatically correct (although some of them were implausible). So I started looking at the Italian, and I found I could understand much of it, based on looking at the available answers plus a little knowledge of French and Latin.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
14 of 14

That's right, if you know enough French and Latin, you are bound to understand a little Italian.... On top of French and Latin, I also know Portuguese and Spanish.
I should try that test!

Richard, how about starting the French tests? You might get a decent grade there too. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS