cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm wondering theres official up-worker gurus from Indonesia

Highlighted
Andy F Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
1 of 26

Hai my Name is Andy Franciscus, just call me Andy. I'm new here and just looking around these community forum. I started join UpWork on last may (earlier june 2015) and started raising the jobs. My first job paid $81 but i realize and configure my payment to $500, So i must getting closer to upwork.

Recently i see some local (indonesian) participants for some job list. But I didnt figure out who's active and can be our gurus and lead the Indonesian people (freelancer) to involve job in Upwork. So I started writing this message, may be some day I can be a guru or someone who lead them in global talent era during this AEC 2015. I hope so.

But know i here and want to involve with all you freelancer. Nice to meet you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
2 of 26
Sorry Andy, gurus are just people who spend too long gossiping when they should be working - it's not paid, or prestigious. The official ones are called moderators, and they come from all over the world. Upwork seems to regularly recruit in-house, so it's not an unachievable goal.
Highlighted
Andy F Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
3 of 26

Haha, so you spend gossiping when you should be working Ramon. Btw nice to know you. Im new here, need to interact and communicate to another member to know much more about upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 26

Ramon, is that why no one's asked to become my disciple? Cat Sad

Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
5 of 26

@Ramon B wrote:
Sorry Andy, gurus are just people who spend too long gossiping when they should be working - it's not paid, or prestigious. The official ones are called moderators, and they come from all over the world. Upwork seems to regularly recruit in-house, so it's not an unachievable goal.

GASP!!!

I resemble that remark Ramon!!!!  Smiley Wink 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
6 of 26

Ramon B wrote:

Really?

I've managed to parlay my Upwork guru status into a highly profitable digitally nomadic lifestyle. I live at the top of a mountain and offer pre-packaged wisdom workshops that start at just $999.99.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
7 of 26

Ramon B wrote:

I mean, who are you to say that I "should" be working? Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
8 of 26

Ramon! We must maintain high silence of our secrets!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
9 of 26

Of course, the title would make some sense if there was some material recognition for the other Gurus hard work. I usually only post things to amuse myself, and anyway, don't know much about computers and stuff, but others, such as Preston or Krisztina, must have helped 100s, if not 1000s, of freelancers.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
10 of 26

@Ramon B wrote:

Of course, the title would make some sense if there was some material recognition for the other Gurus hard work. I usually only post things to amuse myself, and anyway, don't know much about computers and stuff, but others, such as Preston or Krisztina, must have helped 100s, if not 1000s, of freelancers.

I'd exclude myself from the helpful list and put me in the outspoken and critical list, and add Setu instead. Smiley Wink

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS