cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I've discovered Smoothies

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1 of 33

OK, so maybe I've lived under a rock but somehow the whole smoothie thing had bypassed me until now. I didn't even really know they were "a thing"

The other day, faced with all the tangerines  (small but super intense flavour) on the tree in the garden and the shameful memory of so many of them going to waste last year, I thought I had better do "something" with them before they all start falling off the tree again.

Frozen segments of three small tangerines

3 fresh small tangerines straight from the tree

little bit of water

blitzed until it becomes a semi-frozen smooth, frothy yummy drinkable slush

I AM ADDICTED

smoothie.jpg

Ordered a proper blender from Amazon (My handheld one struggles with the frozen fruit) and looking forward to experimenting with other fruit and "stuff"

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 33

now I know what's wrong with my life - no freaking tangerine tree in the garden! darn...

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 33

Martina P wrote:

now I know what's wrong with my life - no freaking tangerine tree in the garden! darn...

tangerines.png

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
4 of 33

And now you'll start too see just how deep this particular rabbit-hole goes. There are mind-boggling numbers of combinations to discover.

Being homemade also makes them 10x better automatically.

Community Guru
5 of 33

Michael S wrote:

And now you'll start too see just how deep this particular rabbit-hole goes. There are mind-boggling numbers of combinations to discover.

Being homemade also makes them 10x better automatically.

I know lol, I am already planning! The tangerines will likely be ok another couple of weeks or so -The superpower blender arrives Monday Smiley Happy

I was told to get something called a Vitamix but nearly fainted at the price...

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
6 of 33

Yes, Smoothies are fabulous!  Try adding some yogurt sometimes-Yum!

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
BEST ANSWER
7 of 33

Petra

Don't faint at the price of a Vita-Mix. Just realize it is the very last blender you will ever buy. They last forever.

Community Guru
8 of 33

Cheryl K wrote:

Petra

Don't faint at the price of a Vita-Mix. Just realize it is the very last blender you will ever buy. They last forever.

too late, and I can not justify 600 ++ Dollars on something that might end up in the big cupboard with all the gadgets I bought and used twice...

I got an Omniblend V and felt faint at the price of that.

I've had cars I paid less for...

It supposed to handle ice and frozen fruit with ease as well.

I need to make sure it's not yet another phase I'm going through.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 33

I miss the smoothie place in FL by me. I went ultra low carb for my diet since October, so these things are usually too sugary for me, but they really are goooood. That look dang delicious, Petra.

Community Guru
10 of 33

Jennifer M wrote:

I miss the smoothie place in FL by me. I went ultra low carb for my diet since October, so these things are usually too sugary for me, but they really are goooood. That look dang delicious, Petra.

I have developed a huge craving for fresh / raw stuff recently and getting up to that icey / smooth / super tangerine-ey thing's been wonderful. I also don't feel hungry right through to dinner after that.

Somehow super low carb currently doesn't work for me at all, (it used to be my winter go to", but this year it's doing nothing...) so I'm trying to not worry and eat nice but healthy stuff. I'll also try making my own almond milk and stuff like that. I've never had a proper (not handheld) blender - lots of discovering to do. Soups, Pesto, nut butter and so on......

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS