cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I've got an idea

Community Leader
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
1 of 45

It's only just occurred to me, but perhaps Upwork should consider charging connects for posting in the Community discussion rooms?

Maybe not every post, if someone was to just ask a general question looking for help, that would cost nothing, but if they were to make a complaint, that would be automatically 2 connects and if they were to complain about connects, well, that obviously costs them 6 (maybe more?).

Again, if someone was to provide an answer to the question, they wouldn't be charged anything (actually, if their answer was accepted as a solution, they would be GIVEN credits). But if, for instance. they were to simply reply to inform the OP (and thereby anyone else that read the thread) that they (implied or otherwise) were very successful on Upwork and thereby being of no help at all to the OP, then that would also cost 6 connects.

I havn't thought this through completely yet, but there are many variations that could be applied here, length of post, subject matter etc that could improve the site's revenue stream.

Community Leader
Md E Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
2 of 45

After a long boring hour, your posts made me laugh Smiley Very Happy. Should they put connect system on my smile? Smiley Tongue

Thank you.
Md Emonuzzaman
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 45

At one point, we imposed a 25 cent fine on anyone who commented how Elance was so much better.  Stopped the drivel (and I was able to go into semi-retirement)

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 45

Mary W wrote:

At one point, we imposed a 25 cent fine on anyone who commented how Elance was so much better.  Stopped the drivel (and I was able to go into semi-retirement)

Smiley Very Happy

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 45

Richard S wrote:

It's only just occurred to me, but perhaps Upwork should consider charging connects for posting in the Community discussion rooms?

Maybe not every post, if someone was to just ask a general question looking for help, that would cost nothing, but if they were to make a complaint, that would be automatically 2 connects and if they were to complain about connects, well, that obviously costs them 6 (maybe more?).

Again, if someone was to provide an answer to the question, they wouldn't be charged anything (actually, if their answer was accepted as a solution, they would be GIVEN credits). But if, for instance. they were to simply reply to inform the OP (and thereby anyone else that read the thread) that they (implied or otherwise) were very successful on Upwork and thereby being of no help at all to the OP, then that would also cost 6 connects.

I havn't thought this through completely yet, but there are many variations that could be applied here, length of post, subject matter etc that could improve the site's revenue stream.

Excellent idea Richard,

I hope that Upwork will soon be billing you. Particularly when you complain about proofreaders who proofread in languages other than English. 

Community Leader
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
6 of 45
Oh and connects could also be charged to those who simply replied with a complaint to someone who posts a topic for discussion and especially for those with absolutely no sense of humour.
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
7 of 45

I love Richard's idea. Let's take it further. $500 charge to anyone posting in the Community looking for help with their brother's/sister's/spouse's/cousin's/co-worker's/neighbor's Upwork account.

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
8 of 45

Not possible, there will be freelancers pestering others through PM begging to be chosen as "solution" to get connects, and others helping their own friends by chosing them. What about those oddballs chosing themselves as "solution"? Smiley LOL

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
9 of 45

Sergio S wrote:

Not possible, there will be freelancers pestering others through PM begging to be chosen as "solution" to get connects, and others helping their own friends by chosing them. What about those oddballs chosing themselves as "solution"? Smiley LOL

We already see the occasional poster begging for kudos as if they were somehow beneficial.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
10 of 45

Richard S wrote:
Oh and connects could also be charged to those who simply replied with a complaint to someone who posts a topic for discussion and especially for those with absolutely no sense of humour.

It's funny, sure, but I've seen joke suggestions posted here actually being implemented. So someone from Upwork takes these things seriously.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS