🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Image attachment glitch
Page options
jcullinan
Community Member

Image attachment glitch

Getting really tired of reporting glitches, but when stuff just doesn't work...

I'm now seeing this behavior for any image saved as an attachment to a Community post instead of inserted inline: 

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 10.14.08 AM.png

The progress bar moves across the screen until it gets to about 90%, then hangs indefinitely, never resolves into an image. The image format doesn't seem to matter - just tried it with jpgs and pngs both.

I am able to load the image on Safari, but not on Chrome. Cache and cookies are not a factor.

Anyone else? To give you a link to test, I've also "attached" the same screenshot that is showing inline above.

7 REPLIES 7
jcullinan
Community Member

And while we're at it... the "Featured Contributor" image in the right sidebar has been broken for more than a week, too.

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 10.27.57 AM.png

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Jess,

A few members of our team tried replicating the issue using Chrome but weren't able to. We were able to view the image you attached to your original post:

Screenshot from March 15, 2018 2-11 PM.png

Could you please share threads where you are getting this error?

The Featured Contributor section will be updated this week.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

A few members of our team tried replicating the issue using Chrome but weren't able to. We were able to view the image you attached to your original post:

Could you please share threads where you are getting this error?

The Featured Contributor section will be updated this week.

The error happens on every post where there is an image attached instead of inline. I can't even bring up the one on my own post. 

This is still a problem. Is there any kind of solution suggested?

Jess,

We still aren't able to replicate the issue on Chrome when checking attachments on this or other threads. We also haven't seen reports of other users experiencing this issue as they replied to posts with attached images. Please, check your browser plug-ins, try disabling ad-blockers or pop-up blockers if you've enabled any and check if your anti-virus is blocking any files from being downloaded. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

We still aren't able to replicate the issue on Chrome when checking attachments on this or other threads. We also haven't seen reports of other users experiencing this issue as they replied to posts with attached images. Please, check your browser plug-ins, try disabling ad-blockers or pop-up blockers if you've enabled any and check if your anti-virus is blocking any files from being downloaded. 

No plugins, no ad blocker, and no anti-virus.

Jess,

We've thoroughly investigated it and weren't able to replicate the behavior you describe. There doesn't appear to be an issue on our end.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths