🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » In tears ...
Page options
wendy_writes
Community Member

In tears ...

R.I.P. The Notorious RBG. The world has lost a heroine .... and so have I.RBG.jpg

Eternal gratitude to the heroic Ruth Bader Ginsburg for her decades of service to the American people. The following is a statement she dictated, just days before her death, to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-dead/index.html

9 REPLIES 9
mtngigi
Community Member

Wendy C wrote:

R.I.P. The Notorious RBG. The world has lost a heroine .... and so have I.RBG.jpg

Eternal gratitude to the heroic Ruth Bader Ginsburg for her decades of service to the American people. The following is a statement she dictated, just days before her death, to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

I've been fervently wishing for the very same thing. We need another one like her.

lizablau
Community Member

I have a fervent wish about Mitch McConnell and his rush to fill her seat (among other things), but it'll be removed if I post it here.  

Vote.  

You, me, and most of a nation Lisa.  😉  Can we add Barr to the list?

mtngigi
Community Member

Lisa B wrote:

I have a fervent wish about Mitch McConnell and his rush to fill her seat (among other things), but it'll be removed if I post it here.  

Vote.  

I wasn't surprised at what he said - but at how tacky was it to come out with that statement soon so after she died. Shouldn't surprise anyone, I guess ... he's his **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Wendy C wrote:

**Edited for Community Guidelines** And then I realized that's called a revolution. Let her memory be a revolution. 

lysis10
Community Member

She was definitely an inspiration to us foids. That old bat had a long productive life and I fear who will replace her. There is a documentary about her on Hulu that I want to watch.

We lost a towering intellect who reflected the practices of a less-divided time. I felt, at the time she was nominated, that we were removing the most effective litigator in the country for equality of the sexes to place her on a court whose future was probably rancorous politics. I still feel that way. Ginsburg was a champion of champions for equality of the sexes. Not women's issues or women's rights, rather equality of the sexes. Not treating people as though their gender was all-important or not important at all. But treating people equally, regardless of gender.

One could agree with her, or disagree with her, and still be in awe of her. I'm probably alone in wishing she had remained a litigator; I feel she'd have had a greater impact in that arena than as a Supreme Court Justice. Her ability to herd an army of cats toward a resolution that improved life for everybody was unequalled.

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 11.53.44 PM.png

Latest Articles
Learning Paths