🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Inactive support and charged Connects
Page options
h3hdv7rlssvtxxzp
Community Member

Inactive support and charged Connects

Now, this must have not happend to me before. Or maybe it has -- I can not recall. But, the strange thing is that suddenly UpWork Support has left my tickets like completely out of attention. This feels like being excluded from the rest by a school-yard bully or something, being isolated from peers, left alone siting in some remote corner wondering why nothing happens.

One of my tickets has been idling for a month and another, opened by the Support themselves, a half of that. Maybe it is so serious incident I reported that keeps the tickets open, yet neither of those are really anything related to me directly, so it is not that I should actually care. However, earlier, during the years here, the Support, as awesome and responsive as they are, have been very keen and quick to process tickets properly and close them without further due. Not any more. Of course, I could open a new case inquiring this, but I guess, that would not do much good either.

Another thing is, that I was notified by the CEO, that from May on, each of Connect I use would cost me $0.10 USD. This change was estimated to become to be expanded to cover all of the freelancers by the end of June -- however, for the time being, it was told that only me or a group of specific freelancers, would face this new "tax". This of course feels like not being completely fair treatment, considering that some pay and others won't.

For the charged Connects, I think, they had a good idea actually, perhaps to make sure that "conversion" percentages would increase and thus profits too for all.

Now, this may not be that kind of discussion people usually prefer to open on a "coffee break", yet, I guess, it could be one that might be a good taste when consumed with a sip of Cappucino or something. 

Have a good day all.

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

Kristo H wrote:

Now, this must have not happend to me before. Or maybe it has -- I can not recall. But, the strange thing is that suddenly UpWork Support has left my tickets like completely out of attention. This feels like being excluded from the rest by a school-yard bully or something, being isolated from peers, left alone siting in some remote corner wondering why nothing happens.

One of my tickets has been idling for a month and another, opened by the Support themselves, a half of that. Maybe it is so serious incident I reported that keeps the tickets open, yet neither of those are really anything related to me directly, so it is not that I should actually care. However, earlier, during the years here, the Support, as awesome and responsive as they are, have been very keen and quick to process tickets properly and close them without further due. Not any more. Of course, I could open a new case inquiring this, but I guess, that would not do much good either.

Another thing is, that I was notified by the CEO, that from May on, each of Connect I use would cost me $0.10 USD. This change was estimated to become to be expanded to cover all of the freelancers by the end of June -- however, for the time being, it was told that only me or a group of specific freelancers, would face this new "tax". This of course feels like not being completely fair treatment, considering that some pay and others won't.

For the charged Connects, I think, they had a good idea actually, perhaps to make sure that "conversion" percentages would increase and thus profits too for all.

Now, this may not be that kind of discussion people usually prefer to open on a "coffee break", yet, I guess, it could be one that might be a good taste when consumed with a sip of Cappucino or something. 

Have a good day all.

Can't think why CS is not answering you. As to the connects - you are a bit late to the party. Have a look here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Changes-to-Connects/td-p/580597

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kristo,

I`m sorry about the delay with this, I`ve escalated your tickets to our engineering team and one of our team members will update your tickets with more details as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths