🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Interaction in Community
Page options
emheemalin
Community Member

Interaction in Community

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering why so many people join the community in here. I´ve read a few threats and I have to say I already feel very cozy and accepted. I know you can get a lot of support in here especially in administrative overheads.. In a nutshell, would you guys say talking to other professionals in here helps you personally and on a job basis more than talking to family and friends? 
Excited to hear your motivations and points of view

Glad to be here ❤️

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Malin E wrote:

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering why so many people join the community in here. I´ve read a few threats and I have to say I already feel very cozy and accepted. I know you can get a lot of support in here especially in administrative overheads.. In a nutshell, would you guys say talking to other professionals in here helps you personally and on a job basis more than talking to family and friends? 

Glad to be here ❤️

I hope you mean threads and not threats. Easy mistake!

It's just fun and breaks up the monotony of the job. 

haha oops sorry for the spelling mistake 

Malin E wrote:

haha oops sorry for the spelling mistake 

No worries! What skills are you planning to market here?

emiguelina
Community Member

Malin E wrote:

Hi Guys,

For me is the best community ever, I read the regular poster's in their own voices (according to my imagination of course, with their intonations, I eventually get to know other people's types of writing), it is super, super, super helpful, I don't know if they had accepted me, I would like to think they did. I visit the forums several times a day, a lot! it's like an addition, as Martina had mentioned it is an escape from the monotony.

Malin, along with getting advice - even if it sounds tough at times - you will form friendships with other forum regulars over time.  These friendships offer far more than U related discussions.  It doesn't happen overnight - but it does happen and each one is treasured.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Welcome Malin. 

This is like a little room where we can all come in, kick back and take a break from what's going on "out there". Some of us are in the same category, but there is no competition here. 

You'll have a good time. 

(I still laugh whenever I spot the Gene Wilder thread).

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

It's an authentic community, as evidenced in all the ways already mentioned. My friends and family don't really understand very well what I do, which is fine. Here, I find true professional peers (even across various disciplines) and can count on sound advice and genuine camaraderie. And tremendous entertainment value, some days. The darker your sense of humor, the more often you'll be amused by stuff that passes through here.

alphazomgy
Community Member

Lol I thought you were being sarcastic.

The community here is blunt, but helpful. 

These forums and reddit are a good place to keep tabs on what's going on with Upwork as a whole.

allpurposewriter
Community Member

Really? I don't usually feel warm and cozy after reading a few threats ... but whatever. I'm not judging.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English
Learning Paths