🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Interesting job postings
Page options
digiphics
Community Member

Interesting job postings

So I've been doing my web slooth trick to uncover where some of my clients are from (thanks to the tablet/mobile app telling me who the jobs are from) and I have noticed that I have either (before I knew it) sent poropsals to "web/graphic design firms" to create a new logo. I just think it's funny that a design company/firm would farm out design jobs. Do they not have the talent to create these and are using "subcontractors" and are they posting on their sites that they made the artwork!? 

Kinda cracks me up that I'm either being asked to interview for the project or they are posting projects that I am submitting proposals to. >|<

5 REPLIES 5
mthornton-cpc
Community Member

There are farmers in just about every specialty. That said, sometimes small firms (or individuals who want to be firms) don't have enough bandwidth for the work coming in the door. In those cases they'll hire freelancers for the overflow. It's not unheard of for firms to work with freelancers as needed, so there's a difference between staffing up for busy times and "passing work off as their own". I'm sure the latter happens, but the line between the two isn't as clear cut at it may seem. 

Sorry this is off topic but kudos to Melissa for the new look!  Of course the old one was great too.  Smiley Wink

@Pat M wrote:

Sorry this is off topic but kudos to Melissa for the new look!  Of course the old one was great too.  Smiley Wink

Thanks, Pat! That's very kind of you, I appreciate it. About every 5 years or so I get too hot on a super humid day and chop most of my hair off. A month or so ago was the peak of that most recent cycle. 🙂  

hello sir

can you help me

Can you any job for me 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

new in my job feed (translation) today:

client asks for translation of blog posts, 300 words each, pays 50 cents a pop. Not free work, so can't be flagged as such, but quite insulting, nonetheless. Now English to German translation is not something that is easily outsourced to a low-income country, but I really hope that there are no takers. 

I totally understand doing just about everything for your first job, but that is too low even for that. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths