cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs Inconvenienced

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
1 of 5

Tell me about somthing minor that has causd big problems towards your work.

Last night, my E button started playing up, and now it barely works. I've switchd the keys, changed thee plastic underneath, cleaned it but nothing's working. Nothing's open today so I have a transcription that needs to be done and it's so frustrating. 

So, quite a minor issue (just 1 key) but it's causing such a hassl.

Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
2 of 5

That never happens here...I have about 8 keyboards handy, 6 if you don't count laptops.

One night a couple of weeks ago there was an internet outage, so I had to resort to using one of my mobile phones tethered. 

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 5

My Skype disconnecting in the middle of a tech call. But it is minor as I can usually switch to Google or my cell phone if I have to. 

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
4 of 5

I thought I could fix my laptop, ended up completely destroying all the keyboards. My touch pad, buttons, keys, mic doesn't work now. I've ran around all day trying to find a keyboard with a USB, but in this village - people are still getting used to electric lighting. 

I've had to resort by to my computer and tomorrow I'm buying a keyboard. RIP laptop.

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
5 of 5

lol Lyam, that ended up being a major hassle!

actually, i'm the kind of person where everything is a "major something" when it comes to work, like everything has to go perfectly, or else i have to leave it for the moment and just get back to it later. my best friend calls it the "grocery cart syndrome" - when i realize an item on my list isn't available, i leave the cart where it is - with everything in it! - and move on to another store. weird, innit?

probably the smallest "setback" i've ever experienced was when i accidentally erased my to-do list from the white board - i still knew what to do, i just had to re-think the order in which to do it. Smiley LOL

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS