cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Journaling the end

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
1 of 108

Two weeks ago I had a serious seizure, was hospitalized for three days and diagnosed with adult-onset hydrocephalus. This explained my inability to maintain balance, the short seizures I'd been getting, and a bunch of other things. It is incurable, surgery can make it better but isn't much good at repairing existing damage, and can only slow down the inexorable progress toward dementia.

I cannot stay awake long enough to do any real work, nor do any writing. I can access and use existing information, I can acquire new information and use it, but creativity has simply stopped workiing. I have several novels underway, and I can't figure out what to do with the characters next. One couple is getting married soon so the baby can be born before the wedding, another couple is dealing with an assassination attempt on one of them, I've got a busload of musicians on tour in 1970; they're stuck in Mobile, Alabama, because I don't have any idea what comes next.

I can keep two executive coaching clients, and that's it. One project I've already turned over to the client's outsourced accountant plus my own VA; the other I will offer up to a friend, former top-tier global management consultant. The number of domains in which expertise is required is long.

I intend to keep journaling until I can no longer write. Ask my anything you wish.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 108

Bill, I'm so sorry to learn about this. There are a lot of research where it says music therapy helps with the disease. My father, who has dementia, has been spending his days with music booming either from his stereo, mobile phone, TV, or laptop. 

Hang in there, Bill!Robot Happy 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
3 of 108

Bill --

Just very, very sorry. I wish that words could help.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
4 of 108

Bill, I am so sorry.  Life can certainly throw curveballs at us.  Maybe this is the universe's way of telling you/ forcing you to stop and smell the flowers.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Community Leader
Lila G Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
5 of 108

Bill,

As everyone else in thread I am sorry to hear about this and hope that you do continue journaling as it seems to be your thing (you appear to be a great writer from your upwork profile). You did ask for questions and I would like to take you up on that. My questions is: looking back was there anything you would like to have done differently?

Lila
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
6 of 108

I am so sorry about this. Take it easy and if writing has become difficult just do some other stuff you like. Having a pet, listening to music, etc. could help. Just enjoy your days, don't let this put you down.

Sending my positive vibes to you.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
7 of 108

Bill, I am so sorry to hear about your health. 

You are a brave man to share this, and I wish you continued strenght and good spirits for your fight ahead. 

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
8 of 108
Bill, like Janean said, I truly wish words could help. I wish you all the best going forward, I am also sending out positive vibes and just want to let you know, you are not alone.
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 108

Bill, I'm frakking sad to learn this. And angry. But then, angry at who?

We haven't always seen eye to eye about politics and, what now seems to be a long time ago, we have explored some business ideas together, with few others.

As someone who had always lacked creativity, I envy you for having had so much and I hope you will somehow manage to fight this for as long as possible. It's a good idea to write about it. I don't know, maybe it helps.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
10 of 108

Bill,

This breaks my heart. Supremely sorry to hear this is happening to you. I've thoroughly enjoyed your posts on the forum. I wish there was more I could do to help take this from you and bring you back to optimal health. If only my words could be that magical. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS