Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Journaling the end

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
11 of 104

Bill, 

I can only echo what others have said here; if words of encouragement and prayers for you could bring your health back, I would write a couple of million words and pray ceaselessly. And I agree with Rene- writing about this yourney is probably a good thing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem with silver linings is that they always come with dark clouds attached - RB
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
12 of 104

Many thanks to all the well-wishers. As for regrets, none. Each decision made was part of a chain of events that resulted in meeting and marrying my wife of nearly 50 years, and having two amazing adult daughters. The first regret that popped into my mind when reading your question was failing to visit my high school Principal one day earlier, which would have allowed him to change his will and leave me with all the funds needed to go to my dream school for a bachelor's in music. He died later that night the day I saw him. But, had he not, I would not have attended to college where I met my wife.

I'm an auditory and a classicly-trained musician. I can't have music on in the background, and when I listen it's to the orchestration, the individual parts, the use of harmonies and dissonance, vorimitation, and the list goes on.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
13 of 104

Dear, dear Bill,

You are just the bravest. I remember all you went through in the Elance days. You have my email so please write whenever you want. 

xoxo Nichola

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
14 of 104

Dear Bill,

Really sorry to hear about your condition.

I wish you all the best.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
15 of 104

Bill, I'm in tears - again. 

Like Rene, I've known you a long time during which you helped guide a fledgling business idea; shared much wisdom about FLing and, more importantly, life; eloquently expressed the agony and exhilaration of publishing you first of numerous novels - and so much more.

Our words offer solace perhaps; your journaling offers much more.  Keep it up. Record your thoughts if you hands get tired. Your bride of 50 years and daughters will treasure it.

If you believe in good vibes and karma please know I'm sending you loads of both.  Only a Skype away -

W

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
16 of 104

Well, Bill -- I am continuing to enjoy your thoughtful, quirky, multi-directional, highly entertaining, and even philosophically intriguing posts!

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
17 of 104

Another lesson in perspective. All of the petty nonsense we worry about day in and day out. The stuff that annoys us. The stuff that scares us. The stuff that keeps us up at night. Too busy to spend time with family. Too irritated when the kids interrupt our  "critical" work. The list goes on. Occasionally real-life events of real people come to light and a ray of perspective shines through. In that moment we realize that absolutely everything that upset us  today, this week, this month, etc., is complete nonsense that will be forgotten as soon as the next "crisis" hits. None of it is important. None of it really matters. Too many of us (myself definitely included) fail to hold on to that perspective and too soon fall back into the daily abyss of concentrating on all the wrong things in life. However, occasionally these stories stick and someone is able to make an important change in their life. 

Thank you Bill for sharing your story and for helping anyone who reads it to understand, if even for a short-period, what might actually be important in life. However, it's clear that you have more to contribute. Maybe it won't be at the pace you are used to delivering it, but another lesson here is quality over quantity. Here's to you continuing to deliver quality whether that is with your family, executive coaching or contributions like this post here. The journey will continue. There is more yet to give. 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
18 of 104

@Bill H wrote:

Many thanks to all the well-wishers. As for regrets, none. Each decision made was part of a chain of events that resulted in meeting and marrying my wife of nearly 50 years, and having two amazing adult daughters. The first regret that popped into my mind when reading your question was failing to visit my high school Principal one day earlier, which would have allowed him to change his will and leave me with all the funds needed to go to my dream school for a bachelor's in music. He died later that night the day I saw him. But, had he not, I would not have attended to college where I met my wife.

I'm an auditory and a classicly-trained musician. I can't have music on in the background, and when I listen it's to the orchestration, the individual parts, the use of harmonies and dissonance, vorimitation, and the list goes on.

Wow, I just got goosebumps... that is a lovely story... I just love stories of long marriages...

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
19 of 104

Bill, I ditto everything everyone else has previously stated.  At this point I'll just add one more thought.  To the best of my knowledge you've always been a definite force.  Continue on that path.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
20 of 104

Bill, Echoing what everyone else has said. I'm so very very sorry to hear about this. It's not over, you are now writing and living a different chapter in your life's story. As interesting and rewarding as it has been, so will this new chapter be. Now it's time to reflect on what's ahead, slow down, and share this time with your wife and daughters. 

I hope, that you will continue to pop in here and tell us how things are going. All of us here, DO care.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS