cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Journaling the end

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
41 of 137

The only thing I regret about being adopted is that I didn't inherit my adoptive parents' genes.

My mother's aunt went back to substitute teaching at 101. An uncle died at 96 when his tractor turned over. A cousin in his late nineties retired as chief of surgery to go on a safari in Africa. My father's father was a teenager during the U.S. Civil War. His father fought in the Revolutionary War in his twenties and thirties.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
42 of 137

@Bill H wrote:

The only thing I regret about being adopted is that I didn't inherit my adoptive parents' genes.

My mother's aunt went back to substitute teaching at 101. An uncle died at 96 when his tractor turned over. A cousin in his late nineties retired as chief of surgery to go on a safari in Africa. My father's father was a teenager during the U.S. Civil War. His father fought in the Revolutionary War in his twenties and thirties.

Wait, wouldn't that mean your great grandfather had your grandfather when he was around 90? Smiley Surprised

Community Guru
43 of 137

My great grandfather was born in 1755. My grandfather was born in 1850 when his father was 95. My grandfather was relatively young, 68, when my father, the baby of the family, was born in 1918.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
44 of 137

@Bill H wrote:

My great grandfather was born in 1755. My grandfather was born in 1850 when his father was 95. My grandfather was relatively young, 68, when my father, the baby of the family, was born in 1918.

Sorry that I short-changed him by 5-years. That has to be some story. Wow.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
45 of 137

I have a similar family situation.  My grandparents were born during the Civil War (!) - my great grandfather was at Appamatox.  His  grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War. (My family tends to have at least one baby late in life)

Community Guru
46 of 137

Got the spinal tap, but the radiologist withdrew less CSF than the neurologist requested. Balance has improved slightly, waiting to see what happens.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
47 of 137

Fingers crossed!

Community Guru
48 of 137

Balance is better, and the last mico-seizure only lasted a couple of seconds. Looks like it's helping. See the neurologist on December 28. Surgery probable in Jan or Feb.

I'm negotiating with the hospital to bring my ashtray and coffee maker with me. I also want my computer and Terabye download speed available. In addition, I want a full-sized refrigerator for beer. And my own nurse. And

Wait a minute, my wife is looking over my shoulder. No! Stop! It's cheaper to replace you than the computer. Just kidding.

Community Guru
49 of 137

I had lunch with my oldest daughter today. I had not seen her since the spinal tap. We have a healthy adult relationship, and she's always honest with me. Brutally so if necessary.

She believes I am walking, thinking acting far better than I have in two years. She termed the change "remarkable," and she's a better observer of me than I am. I'm pretty confident about the surgery. Just not the beer refrigerator and ash tray.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
50 of 137

Bill, regarding the beer---maybe if you provided it for all? Smiley Wink

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS