cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling the end

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
91 of 137

Nice to know you're doing well, Bill! Hope you can continue engaging in the Community. Smiley Happy 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
92 of 137

Thanks, Avery. I'm doing quite well. I've slid back into most client work easily.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
93 of 137

Bill, congratulations!!!  

Community Guru
94 of 137

Update: five weeks after surgery, most symptoms are much improved. Seizures have increased in frequency, now occur when sitting as well as standing, and I've given up driving until this can be sorted out. Apathy is one symptom, and it has not improved at all. I've only taken on one new job since surgery, a quick phone call as a subject matter expert in international finance. I'll probably retire from freelancing this year, keeping only two long-time executive coaching clients.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
95 of 137

Bill, could some of the causes for your apathy be the stress your body and mind have been under?  Plus the strain of becoming used to the medication(s)?  If either or both could be contributing to it - why not defer decisions until there has been a longer adjustment period?

Or ... if you still enjoy writing your books, focus on them full time and at your leisure?  Intuition tells me you set 'meet-able' deadlines for yourself ...

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
96 of 137

Bill, 

The sort of surgery you have had is going to take quite a while to get over. I think you have done amazingly well in just five weeks. Don't push yourself too hard. Or, as Wendy says, set deadlines ...

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
97 of 137

Hey, Bill!
Give yourself a little more time!
I think you're a bit "accelerated" Smiley Happy
5 weeks is nothing.

Community Guru
98 of 137

Bill, congratulations regarding the improvements!  That's super! 

Regarding the challenges I agree with Wendy, Nichola, and Maria.  Gosh, Bill, in the spectrum of things; especially life, what's a few weeks?

Community Guru
99 of 137

" Gosh, Bill, in the spectrum of things; especially life, what's a few weeks?"

At the age of seventy, a far bigger chunk of my remaining life than at 21.

I have one client that I have no choice but to make myself do the work. I've coached him for the past year-plus on a sales approach that he's implementing successfully. He's a solopreneur, and each sale earns him between $500K and $3M EBIT. He can handle one sale a month, he is 58 and the approach yielded 60 high-probability targets. Do the math. Another client is selling his business, and the choices again are few.

Community Guru
100 of 137

Bill H wrote:

" Gosh, Bill, in the spectrum of things; especially life, what's a few weeks?"

At the age of seventy, a far bigger chunk of my remaining life than at 21.

I have one client that I have no choice but to make myself do the work. I've coached him for the past year-plus on a sales approach that he's implementing successfully. He's a solopreneur, and each sale earns him between $500K and $3M EBIT. He can handle one sale a month, he is 58 and the approach yielded 60 high-probability targets. Do the math. Another client is selling his business, and the choices again are few.

Bill, of course it is.  In an attempt to be supportive I walked right into that one, didn't I?

Hopefully you at least somewhat enjoy the coaching work you're doing and will be able to continue doing that as well as all; if not most that you vs. illness decides.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS