cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling the end

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
51 of 131

Bill, I think that if you changed the beer to hard liquor and somehow got René involved, you'd have a shot (so to speak?) at finagling the accommodations you seek...

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
52 of 131

@Janean L wrote:

Bill, I think that if you changed the beer to hard liquor and somehow got René involved, you'd have a shot (so to speak?) at finagling the accommodations you seek...

I'd drink the booze and run once there is no more left. I'm pretty much useless.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
53 of 131

Perhaps Rene would stay if Bill added chocolate to the mix.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
54 of 131

Rene's powers of persuasion are legendary. I might try three-times-a-day delivery of vodka.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
55 of 131

Chocolate + vodka = doctors seem to ignore the beneficial effects of this combination. 

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
56 of 131

@Bill H wrote:

Rene's powers of persuasion are legendary. I might try three-times-a-day delivery of vodka.

Bill, ditch the vodka and substitute Rum in it's place. Rum goes with everything. And with that, how could you go wrong. 

And if you want something unique to sip on, try Triibe. (yes it's spelt right) Irish cream liqueur with hints of chocolate, vanilla and  caramel., blended with charcoal filtered Irish malt whiskey, softened with honey.

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
57 of 131

Quote: "Irish cream liqueur with hints of chocolate, vanilla and  caramel., blended with charcoal filtered Irish malt whiskey, softened with honey."

When poured over gravel, this drink nicely approximates the memorable voice of the late Johnny Cash.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
58 of 131

Things go on. My sister's husband died suddenly last week as my wife and I left for a cruise. The benefits of the spinal tap are gone, and my walking has become so unsteady I don't go many places. Speech is slurring, but the spinal tap provided significant relief, usually indicating a favorable outcome from a shunt in the brain.

The cruise was interesting. The production show singers were hired for their dancing ability. Two of the female soloists seemed to be Johnny Cash imitators; the lead male soloist figured that pitch wasn't all that important in rock music. One of the security officers told me I could not go ashore at St Thomas because I would never return in time before the ship sailed. It seems my watch wasn't set to ship's time. He was serious. The ship is registered in Panama, and I told him there is nothing in Panamanian law that permits authorities to detain someone because of an incorrect watch setting. There is nothing in the binding cruise line contract of carriage that requires me to reset my watch or be detained. And, since St Thomas is US territory, I'll return to my cabin, call the local police and tell them I'm being held against my will by an overly officious ship's officer on the basis that my watch isn't set to the time he thinks it should show. I promised to visit him in jail on my next cruise.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
59 of 131

Very sorry to hear this news about your brother-in-law, especially at this time of year. Sincere condolences to your sister and family. Kind of puts cruise issues into perspective.

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
60 of 131

Condolence to your sister and family Bill.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS