cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling the end

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
61 of 131

Saw the neurologist yesterday and he referred me for surgery to install a shunt. Should happen January or February. I'm an incompetent surgeon and a danger to my patients with a scalpel in hand, one reason I gave up practicing medicine. I understand the principles involved, and shunt surgery is about as complicated as a tonsilectomy.

Symptoms had improved for a week after the lumbar puncture, but have continued worsening ever since.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
62 of 131

I actually know someone who had a shunt placed in utero.  You are wise to go ahead with it and I agree that it appears to be a fairly simple procedure.  Keep us up to date!

Community Guru
63 of 131

I see the neurosurgeon January 21. New symptoms have arisen, specifically disorientation from certain kinds of visual input. I tried reading in a moving car, and became carsick for the first time in my life. Walking on a sidewalk with alternating stripes made me unable to stand upright. For the first time in my life, I woke up and experienced the entire room spinning around me.

I've refocused on writing two non-fiction works I've been putting off. So, You Want to Start a Business is a no-nonsense non-formulaic set of practical advice for people who want to be their own boss. The other is a practical guide to navigating online freelancing sites for clients and providers. Not a Join Upwork and Become a Millionaire clone. That would be fiction.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
64 of 131

Focus on writing those, please. I'm sure lots of people who know you from the forum would be interested in buying them. However, I wish you would also start on Join Upwork and Become a Millionaire, this is the book we're all waiting for.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
65 of 131

Luce, if you can convince Bill to write that - we'll give him the award for Best Fantasy Fiction of the Decade.

It even comes with a red sash and a male appropriate version of a tiara. Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
66 of 131

@Wendy C wrote:

Luce, if you can convince Bill to write that - we'll give him the award for Best Fantasy Fiction of the Decade.

It even comes with a red sash and a male appropriate version of a tiara. Smiley Wink

How do you know all those details? Have you been awarded the Best Fantasy Fiction of the Decade before?

Community Guru
67 of 131

Symptoms are worsening quickly. Words have disappeared from my vocabulary, I cannot walk and carry something simultaneously, and I'm experience audio hallucinations. Those are not voices in my head, they are conversations between two people who aren't there. I'm still able to differentiate hallucinations from reality. See the neurosurgeon in two days.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
68 of 131

Bill H wrote:

Symptoms are worsening quickly. Words have disappeared from my vocabulary, I cannot walk and carry something simultaneously, and I'm experience audio hallucinations. Those are not voices in my head, they are conversations between two people who aren't there. I'm still able to differentiate hallucinations from reality. See the neurosurgeon in two days.

Oh Bill,

There are no words, but you are very brave. We're all thinking of you. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
69 of 131

Bill, after your see the neurosurgeon if you are not able to message us an update, please ask your wife or daughter to message me via Skype. I will share your status update here.

We all know things are going to work and that the surgery will help you.  Right now, as best as I understand, a date for the surgery is unknown. Should the neurosurgeon decide ASAP is best, we want to know so we can double - triple - quadruple down on healing vibes, good karma, positive thoughts, prayers - whatever each of us believe in.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
70 of 131

We have never met you, and I don't think we have ever talked personally to you, You are a virtual person with a picture but you are a part of all of us. We share your pain and we wish you the very best. My heart goes out to you. I personally wish a big improvement and some GOOD news after you see your doctor.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS