Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling the end

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
72 of 138

The very, very best to you, Bill.

Thank you for letting us know your status -- as bad as it is.

We care.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
72 of 138

Thanks for all the well wishes. I saw the surgeon today. I lost my balance completely on Friday and did a face-plant into a cement slab. The surgeon wants a CT scan of my head (appointment tomorrow) and will schedule surgery in about two weeks.

I trust the surgeon, if only because he answered one question, "I don't know." The physician you want to treat you knows her or his limitations and when to call for help.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
73 of 138

Bill H wrote:

Thanks for all the well wishes. I saw the surgeon today. I lost my balance completely on Friday and did a face-plant into a cement slab. The surgeon wants a CT scan of my head (appointment tomorrow) and will schedule surgery in about two weeks.

I trust the surgeon, if only because he answered one question, "I don't know." The physician you want to treat you knows her or his limitations and when to call for help.

-------------------------

Bill, I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to you. If you're losing your balance and are so dizzy, might I suggest that you purchase a walker? IMO I think that would be a great help for you. Don't let stubbornness and pride get in the way of pain and suffering. You don't need a doctors prescription to buy one. They are readily available in any medical supply store and maybe even in Walgreens or CVS drug stores. 

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
74 of 138

Bill, thoughts and best wishes are with you!

I agree with Kathy but can't kudo her post due to a current situation. 

As an "FYI" several years ago my Mother-In-Law really needed a cane and/or a walker but very stubbornly decided she didn't.  One day she went shopping with one of her daughters and fell.  She ended up in the ER then was admitted.  She died within a few days as a result of her fall. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
75 of 138

Bill, another vote here for a walker.  Your doctor can arrange to have Medicare and/or your insurance cover the costs as you will need it during recovery post surgery.

You won't need  it for long but it will save you and your wife considerable worry.  When you are back up to speed just put it in the back of a storage closet or loan it to a friend in need.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
76 of 138

I have and use a walker and cane. Neither helps when I'm having a partial complex seizure and don't know where I am or why. CT scan was good, no fractures, no bleeding, just pain. Surgery is tentatifvely scheduled for Feb 12.

For those of you who want to pray for me, please just pray that God's will be done.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
77 of 138

Great news about the CT scan.  Will be praying for an easy resolution of your problems, whatever that resolution may turn out to be.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
78 of 138

Bill H wrote:

I have and use a walker and cane. Neither helps when I'm having a partial complex seizure and don't know where I am or why. CT scan was good, no fractures, no bleeding, just pain. Surgery is tentatifvely scheduled for Feb 12.

For those of you who want to pray for me, please just pray that God's will be done.

Bill, excellent news re. your scan!!!  Fully understand regarding your prayer request; consider it done, Sir.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
79 of 138

Bill, your surgery date is on my calendar.  Prayers.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
80 of 138

Echoing Mary's words ...

You have a plethora of pals sending positive thoughts, prayers, and good karma for a successful surgery and fast healing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS