Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just Thinking.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
1 of 27

We've an idiom says, 'who kept watching people, died careworn.'

do you prefer paying 15$ to get 70 connects and watch others bid or 15$ for 100 connects focusing on yourself only?

Marvelous.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
2 of 27

The 15$ for the reelancer plus plan is not just for connects.

That $15 also includes other perks such as ability to view competitor bids, to have customised profile url, etc, to make earnings private, etc.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 27

Yeah, I saw this options but they're not that much important, thus am specifying the compare am looking to do.

Marvelous.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 27

Noureldin Y wrote:

Yeah, I saw this options but they're not that much important,

Then don't subscribe. Simple.

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 27

Yup, I'll never do.

Marvelous.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jody P Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
6 of 27

Noureldin Y wrote:

Yup, I'll never do.

Hi Noureldin,

There's also a common English saying: "Never say never." As you gain experience with the platform, your opinions and needs might change as well.

Best,

Jody PM

Community Guru
7 of 27

The same English saying that " will " is instant decision that may change later Smiley Very Happy I didn't write "going to" Smiley Very Happy

Marvelous.
Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 27

Just trying to highlight the thing of seeing other bids, it may change your decisions to bad, maybe the bidder is not going to be accepted by the client due to his professionalism level or or or, so seeing others bid and change yours based on it is not helpful in my opinion, that was my point as a active trader in the financial markets seeing that it turns into gambling in someway, or something making you confused.

Marvelous.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jody P Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
9 of 27

Noureldin Y wrote:

Just trying to highlight the thing of seeing other bids, it may change your decisions to bad, maybe the bidder is not going to be accepted by the client due to his professionalism level or or or, so seeing others bid and change yours based on it is not helpful in my opinion, that was my point as a active trader in the financial markets seeing that it turns into gambling in someway, or something making you confused.

Hi Noureldin,

Yes, I see your point, but I think that you're speaking prematurely. Let's continue this conversation one year from now and see if you still feel this way. 

Best,

Jody

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
10 of 27

Noureldin Y wrote:

I personally would never bid anything based on what anyone else is doing (and actually never bid below my baserate anyway) so that isn't helpful.

For me the ONLY thing I can say is that I was working off platform for many weeks and it is possible that my profile would have gone private and if I had not done anything about it (I am both lazy and ignore lots of UW emails) I might have missed an invitation.  That job alone has made me enough money to pay for my subscription for the rest of my days.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS