Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Thinking.

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
21 of 27

Jennifer M wrote:

Nobody should feel bad for being lazy. I spend $250/month having people do things around my house that I could probably do myself.

I've been thinking about doing Instacart so I can have someone else do my grocery shopping, but the responsible side of me keeps resisting because I pass the **bleep** store every day and keep asking myself if I'm THAT friggin lazy that I can't just pull into the parking lot and spend 10 minutes getting food.

The anti Suzie Homemaker in me can be embarrassing too. Yesterday, someone was pointing at the cleaning supplies to get the stuff to clean our yoga mats. Yer girl grabbed the whiteboard cleaner and errrryone laughed at me. Smiley Sad  I don't know these things you see.

Um, I order all my groceries and I have a dog walker who helps me (of course, I'm also slightly disbled,but you know, it's really just being lazy). I actually do prefer to do most of my own cleaning because I find it therapeutic. I did, at one time, have a housekeeper, because it was more profitable for me to work the hours I would have spent cleaning and let someone else clean for less than my time is worth...but then...(a) I was never happy with their work and (b) I do actually find some kind of relaxation in cleaning, which is weird. I do have cleaners come once a month to do what I can't. I don't find it lazy. It's creating jobs, contributing to the economy (unless you're an **bleep** who pays people less than a living wage). I'm not rich by any means but I can't bear to pay anyone to do work for me at less than a living wage at least and certainly not less than I would do for it. I don't know what that makes me. Maybe I am **bleep** too. 

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
22 of 27

i swear i should be an uber type shopper for other people. i go almost every day, to 3 or 4 different stores a week, plus the farmer's market. i am just picky about food and bad about planning.

my mother used to make a menu list for the week and do one trip and get everything. why did i not inherit that gene?

OP I have yet to pay for connects but if I ever do I think I'll go one time and go the individual route. I don't necessarily care what others are bidding, as long as I get what I want. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
23 of 27

Kelly B wrote:

i swear i should be an uber type shopper for other people. i go almost every day, to 3 or 4 different stores a week, plus the farmer's market. i am just picky about food and bad about planning.

my mother used to make a menu list for the week and do one trip and get everything. why did i not inherit that gene?

OP I have yet to pay for connects but if I ever do I think I'll go one time and go the individual route. I don't necessarily care what others are bidding, as long as I get what I want. Smiley Happy

Yeah my mom did the same too. I go twice a week at least and I hate grocery shopping more than pumping gas. It's the one thing I haven't given into being lazy because I pass the store every single day when it's dead too so there is just no excuse lol

I wish I could find cleaning therapeutic like that other poster, but I hate cleaning and also it ruins your manicures. My old nail tech used to make fun of me because my manicures last 2 weeks, and she would say "umm you don't clean anything or do any manual labor, do you?" lol

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
24 of 27

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

Yeah my mom did the same too. I go twice a week at least and I hate grocery shopping more than pumping gas. It's the one thing I haven't given into being lazy because I pass the store every single day when it's dead too so there is just no excuse lol

I wish I could find cleaning therapeutic like that other poster, but I hate cleaning and also it ruins your manicures. My old nail tech used to make fun of me because my manicures last 2 weeks, and she would say "umm you don't clean anything or do any manual labor, do you?" lol

You could compromise and do the store pickup thing.

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
25 of 27

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

I find it therapeutic but I didn't say I do it often or well. Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
26 of 27

Jennifer M wrote:

Nobody should feel bad for being lazy. I spend $250/month having people do things around my house that I could probably do myself.

I don't really see that as laziness so much as smart prioritization. Why spend time you could be billing at $100+/hour doing things you can hire out at $20/hour?

Community Guru
Jody P Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
27 of 27

Tiffany S wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I don't really see that as laziness so much as smart prioritization. Why spend time you could be billing at $100+/hour doing things you can hire out at $20/hour?

Agreed. But what gets me every time, as I do order grocery deliveries often (and am currently paying a subscription fee to one provider), is that I actually sometimes feel guilty when they bring them. And on top of that, being the trusting person that I am, I have to line everything up (after they've gone, of course), to manually verify that I really did get everything that I ordered and to make sure that they didn't substitute my Feta for Mozarella. So, for the time that I spent ordering, being there when they come, and checking all the items, I wonder, did I really save that much time?

But I do get to do it in a robe. So that's a plus.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS