🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Let’s share expectations, what you would li...
Page options
tatianart
Community Member

Let’s share expectations, what you would like to get here on Upwork? Especially for new comers.

Hi for everyone!

Just imaging, you are here for some time, have big and rich portfolio, long list of jobs done, have Top Rated status and  success rate is not falling unpredictably, have a lot of  real positive feedbacks.  A lot of problems (like landing  fist job,  getting To Rated status, organizing job flow,  getting client’s feedbacks…)  are far away and what do you expect to get after?

And…

6 REPLIES 6
versailles
Community Member

I have all of this and now I'm bored.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Bored because all this works well? I have all of these as well, and just compleatly frustrated, because all ths for nothing.

@Tatiana T wrote:

Bored because all this works well? I have all of these as well, and just compleatly frustrated, because all ths for nothing.

Did you expect "all of these" to be for nothing? If so, what are you complaining about? What exactly are you frustrated about? 

Hi! I am not complaining. I have all factors  that could give good status here (written above). When I worked on it during 5 years, I had some expectation in my mind, how it can be. I just like to see what people are expecting to get here: stable income, interesting jobs, growing and increasing numbers of good clients, positive emotions, nice international freelancer's community,  selfsatisfaction and so on.

I just got reply that one person is bored, I am frustrated, may be other people are happy or planty of creative ideas, or something else, I don't know, just interested.

@Tatiana T wrote:

Tatiana, why are you frustrated? I sincerely wonder.

I had very regular freelance work for two and a half years. Never looked for a new job, never even connected to Upwork or anywhere else. It was monotonous and boring. When that work was finished and I came back, I started to have fun and enjoy freelancing again. Right now, after a year of "old school" freelancing I'm neither bored nor frustrated. I earn less and work irregularly but I'm happier.

tlbp
Community Member

I have work when I need it, income usually meets my monthly minimum goal and I am not taking any projects that don't intrigue me in some way. So things are working out well for me.  But, I'm not in need of a full-time income so I have a little flexibility when it comes to selecting gigs and bidding. 

I'm a writer, though. From what I read on the forums, art is a tougher market. I think you are probably dealing with clients who want a very specific style or are willing to go with whatever costs the least.  And then there are those who have an idea in their minds but can't express it. With writing, it is much easier for clients to assess your work and make a decision. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths