cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into Wordpress for a client.

Jennifer A Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
1 of 8

I have my first client and I want to impress her. However, I am new to this way of web developing. She gave me the website address, a username and password. I put in the url and login. I can't log in. Am I missing some information? Please help. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 8

Jennifer: This is a WordPress question.

Not an Upwork question.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sarah B Member Since: Dec 15, 2017
3 of 8

Hi Jennifer. I have a special place in my "heart" for the WordPress login page. Smiley Happy You'll have to troubleshoot this with your client. Ensure you're putting in the information correctly, and if it still doesn't work, send her a message and let her know what's up. She may have mistyped the credentials or something too.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 8

Jennifer A wrote:

I have my first client and I want to impress her. However, I am new to this way of web developing. She gave me the website address, a username and password. I put in the url and login. I can't log in. Am I missing some information? Please help. 

You are offering wordpress development and you are asking this question? Sigh.... 

Highlighted
Alice G Member Since: Jul 25, 2020
5 of 8
Your bio suggests you are an expert at wordpress? You know clients can also see this forum, and see you’re posting about being new to this...
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Richard F Member Since: Sep 9, 2009
6 of 8

Paste the url in your browser address bar. When it opens enter the user name and password your client provided

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Vipul N Member Since: Sep 15, 2019
7 of 8

Occassionaly when you copy-paste text from another source specially something rich text like a chat window / messenger the text copied gets an extra " " <space> appended at the end. I've faced it quite a few times and it ALWAYS happens in UW and Wordpress credentials. 

Copy paste the username and password to another application like notepad or any text editor, ensure any spaces/ newline character or tabs are removed and then paste that to login.

EDIT: Also CTRL+SHIFT+V works on Windows to paste as plain text. It might also correct this. But haven't used to enough times to vouch for this solution.

Highlighted
Mikael d Member Since: Mar 3, 2018
8 of 8

Hi, how are you?

Check with your client if exist any IP address restriction at their Wordpress account as security measurement.

Regards,

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS