🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Logging into Wordpress for a client.
Page options
albertson_jenn
Community Member

Logging into Wordpress for a client.

I have my first client and I want to impress her. However, I am new to this way of web developing. She gave me the website address, a username and password. I put in the url and login. I can't log in. Am I missing some information? Please help. 

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jennifer: This is a WordPress question.

Not an Upwork question.

sjbercot
Community Member

Hi Jennifer. I have a special place in my "heart" for the WordPress login page. 🙂 You'll have to troubleshoot this with your client. Ensure you're putting in the information correctly, and if it still doesn't work, send her a message and let her know what's up. She may have mistyped the credentials or something too.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jennifer A wrote:

I have my first client and I want to impress her. However, I am new to this way of web developing. She gave me the website address, a username and password. I put in the url and login. I can't log in. Am I missing some information? Please help. 

You are offering wordpress development and you are asking this question? Sigh.... 

Your bio suggests you are an expert at wordpress? You know clients can also see this forum, and see you’re posting about being new to this...
robric
Community Member

Paste the url in your browser address bar. When it opens enter the user name and password your client provided

vipulnandan
Community Member

Occassionaly when you copy-paste text from another source specially something rich text like a chat window / messenger the text copied gets an extra " " <space> appended at the end. I've faced it quite a few times and it ALWAYS happens in UW and Wordpress credentials. 

Copy paste the username and password to another application like notepad or any text editor, ensure any spaces/ newline character or tabs are removed and then paste that to login.

EDIT: Also CTRL+SHIFT+V works on Windows to paste as plain text. It might also correct this. But haven't used to enough times to vouch for this solution.

mikaelaraujo
Community Member

Hi, how are you?

Check with your client if exist any IP address restriction at their Wordpress account as security measurement.

Regards,

Latest Articles
Learning Paths