cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lonely

Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
1 of 34

Working remotely can be lonely -- what is your method of addressing that?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 34

Tom Z wrote:

How many dogs and cats do you have?

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
3 of 34

Petra R wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

How many dogs and cats do you have?

This should be marked as the solution Smiley Wink

Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
4 of 34

0. I don't want them because I think it would make me rely on them and would make me even more less social.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
5 of 34

Tom Z wrote:

Ha, I almost posted here that today is Happy My Children Go Back to School day.  I have spent the entire day bathed in quiet after nearly 3 month-ish.

Do I miss them?

Not today.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
6 of 34

Mark F wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

Ha, I almost posted here that today is Happy My Children Go Back to School day.  I have spent the entire day bathed in quiet after nearly 3 month-ish.

Do I miss them?

Not today.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they are going to be back later today. Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
7 of 34

Dogs and cats tend to make one forget humans and are perfect companions for lone freelancers. However, human contact is important and it is true that freelancing can be a solitary business, and if one naturally tends to the hermit life, it is not good for social balance. 

I try to see, eat with, or provide a meal for, friends at least once a week, which if there is a deadline to meet, is not always that easy. I like cyber contact too,  but, whether with family (mine is scattered across the world), or on forums it is not the same thing as actual human contact and interaction. I'm planning on joining an art group this autumn - and I suppose for the good of my soul (maybe my body), pilates.  

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 34

re: "what is your method of addressing that?"

Upwork Community Forum.

obviously

Ace Contributor
LIN F Member Since: Apr 30, 2016
9 of 34
Two dogs and four cats keep me company during the day, but It can be very isolating. Sometimes days will pass before I realize that the only conversations I’ve had are the brief ones with my partner in the evenings. Recently signed up with a local freelancing group who have meetups - everyone takes along their laptops and works alongside each other in a in a public space for 3 hours a week. Have yet to attend one, but I think it’s a great way to change the scenery and force some human contact-so looking forward to it.
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
10 of 34

Well, I have another job which is inline skating teaching so I do interact with other people face to face. At home I am always studying languages, and when I do that I have to answer recorded voices asking me things, so that keeps me with the illusion that I am talking with a human being. Smiley LOL

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS