🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Page options
jutta_beinker
Community Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

signing out...wohooooooooooo. 🙂

Image result for merry christmas and happy new year garfield

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
24 REPLIES 24
ravi_iitian
Community Member

Wishing all Upworkers a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

"Certa bonum certamen"

*** Edited for Community Guidelines **

(In this post I lightheartedly echoed Wendy in Breton)

Happiest of holidays and a wonderful New Year to all from my little beach.Christmas in Biloxi.jpg

Upwork Moderators:  My post was "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" in Hawaiian.  Give me fraking break. BTW, Mele Kalikimaka is known around the world ...

Perhaps you would prefer a palm tree festooned with holiday lights? Just let me know -

Shared again with all the joy of the season and for the edification of some.

To all ...

Mele Kalikimaka me ka hauʻoli makahiki hou

+ ++ Wendy

For God's sake mods stop being so ****** retentive. Why don't you just take away the word Christmas too while you are about it . . .

I've deleted my post because without the "seasonal"  greeting in Breton, it becomes meaningless.

I do hope Upwork has a meaningful time in the next few days - and takes some time for serious reflection as to how to pour cold water on a time which at least should be lighthearted.

Blowing virtual kisses to my Christmas spirited friend in Breton.

Mahalo Wendy, Mahalo nui loa iā ʻoe.

Thank you Wendy, thank you very much.

Merry Christmas and peace to everyone. 

Wendy and Nichola, your "edited for community guidelines" posts made me wonder what on earth could  they possibly have written in a Christmas greeting to have it slashed out. 

Thanks for the good laugh, Upwork.

pandoraharper
Community Member

Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year everyone!

Merry, merry, merry! Woke up this morning to the first snow of the season, falling all around the 40' tree in my yard that I finally figured out how to get decorated this year after about five years of wanting 'to do it. I hope everyone's day is going as well as mine.

.26036658_158934688212341_875715918_o.jpg

More pictures when it is lit up please...

@Tiffany S wrote:

Merry, merry, merry! Woke up this morning to the first snow of the season, falling all around the 40' tree in my yard that I finally figured out how to get decorated this year after about five years of wanting 'to do it. I hope everyone's day is going as well as mine.

.26036658_158934688212341_875715918_o.jpg

How did you do it? It's a beautiful tree, but big!!

How did you do it? It's a beautiful tree, but big!!

Yeah, that's why it took me from 2011 until this year to work out how to do it. I have a friend who is a commercial painter, and he brought his lift truck over.

It's going to be a lot less fun when he has to bring it back in the freezing cold to clean this up next week.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Happy Holidays to Upwork Community! 

The Community grew quite a bit in 2017 and with it our team expanded as well. We are excited for the New Year and all the great things we can do together to help our users achieve more success on Upwork. We'll continue to improve our processes to ensure that the Community is a well-organized, convenient and friendly place to find answers, share knowledge, experience and feedback as well as connect with other users.

Thank you all!

~ Valeria
Upwork
shehanfernando
Community Member

Merry Christmas everyone 🎅

Chris.jpg

etrusca
Community Member

Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo

Buona feste a tutti! I saw the pope today in St. Peter's Square and he was even joking in his St. Stephen's Day public address, so I'm glad we're all getting a chuckle out of this thread. 

Speaking of laughs, google Rome's Christmas tree. Poor Spelacchio! He certainly gives the gift of laughter. 

I see a court case pending. That is the saddest tree - and the price! And the tree's feelings - very upsetting!

For UK TV viewers I saw the most amazing program on trees with Judi Dench. It really does give pause for thought. Trees are a community and they do communicate with each other. So that poor Roman tree has truly suffered.

For Rome (where euros are tight) it's extra insulting. Poor Spelacchio really does look rather like a toilet brush in person. I'll have to check out that Judi Dench special. 

My toilet brush does not look like that sad tree. It might soon need replacing, but it is still ready for action, albeit undecorated, and it is effective!!  It is also not organic and costs about €2.

Ah ah. Poor Spelacchio has attracted a lot of people. Maybe virginia (the mayor of Rome) did it on purpose Smiley Wink

@Antonia B wrote:

Ah ah. Poor Spelacchio has attracted a lot of people. Maybe virginia (the mayor of Rome) did it on purpose Smiley Wink

Ha! A PR win for her scorecard.  

Wishing all Upworkers a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

"Certa bonum certamen"
Latest Articles
Learning Paths