cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a new investment for my transcription, wonder if it is tax deductible????

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
1 of 8
Got the newest Bose Noise cancelling headphones, $450 investment. Is this tax deductible as a business expense?
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Jenn B Member Since: Sep 6, 2008
2 of 8
I don't think so, as the taxation people would argue you could still do your work without those headphones, plus there's no added revenue that you get in relation to the headphones.
Olivier P Member Since: Dec 28, 2011
3 of 8
that's good news
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 8
But without the headphones, she wouldn't be able to do the work to the best of her ability, and better quality work attracts higher paying clients.
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
5 of 8
In the US you can claim it as a business expense if it is used for your business. You claim it on your Schedule C.
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
6 of 8
Thank you for the reply Margaret and others. They are exclusively for my work. I guess you could say they are making me more productive because I am not having to back the audio up as often because the clarity is so much better.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Jenn B Member Since: Sep 6, 2008
7 of 8
I actually thought of that just when I shut down my laptop so I forgot to update my comment. You're right though. Definitely tax deductible.
Mahesh W Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
8 of 8

I'd kill for a pair of those.

What's the exact model number? And how they sound with music? Good bass, mids highs??

Veni, Vidi, Vici.
GraphicsGods.com
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS