🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Massages from clients
Page options
richard_wein
Community Member

Massages from clients

Edit: Oops. I meant to post this under Coffee Break. Could a forum moderator please move it.

Some time ago I wrote to express my surprise at the number of forum posters who appear to work for costumers. I hadn't realised there was so much demand for remote provision of costumes.

Recently I've also noticed a surprising number of posters who say they receive massages from their clients. I feel I'm missing out, as no client has ever offered me a massage. The only perk I get from my clients is an occasional (rare) cash bonus.

13 REPLIES 13
df602768
Community Member

Hi Richard!

Yes, there are many job positions where clients hire freelancers to post fake reviews on multiple websites about their products. It's kind of unethical, but it's not on us to judge.

What we could do, as consumers and not freelancers, is to be extra careful when reading a product review. As lots, if not most of them, are sponsored.

As to your other question, I don't really believe you're missing out. And the reason is that when a client approaches a freelancer, a freelancer who is not in the ten percent of the experts in his field, it is usually to offer some sub-par job.

Therefore, enjoy your occasional cash bonus, as much as I do, and fret not!

Konstantinos A wrote:

Hi Richard!

Yes, there are many job positions where clients hire freelancers to post fake reviews on multiple websites about their products. It's kind of unethical, but it's not on us to judge.

What we could do, as consumers and not freelancers, is to be extra careful when reading a product review. As lots, if not most of them, are sponsored.

As to your other question, I don't really believe you're missing out. And the reason is that when a client approaches a freelancer, a freelancer who is not in the ten percent of the experts in his field, it is usually to offer some sub-par job.

Therefore, enjoy your occasional cash bonus, as much as I do, and fret not!

It's clear you misunderstood Richard's post but I'm completely mystified about what you thought he meant.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Richard W wrote:

Edit: Oops. I meant to post this under Coffee Break. Could a forum moderator please move it.

Some time ago I wrote to express my surprise at the number of forum posters who appear to work for costumers. I hadn't realised there was so much demand for remote provision of costumes.

Recently I've also noticed a surprising number of posters who say they receive massages from their clients. I feel I'm missing out, as no client has ever offered me a massage. The only perk I get from my clients is an occasional (rare) cash bonus.

Richard, I don't think this post belongs in the Coffee Break, these are serious issues you are adressing. Now I want a massage from a person in a costume. 

re: "Now I want a massage from a person in a costume."

Could you please clarify whether you want to get a massage while you are wearing a costume? Or get a massage from a masseuse who is wearing a costume?

Preston H wrote:

Could you please clarify whether you want to get a massage while you are wearing a costume? Or get a massage from a masseuse who is wearing a costume?

Naughty Preston - you have gender assumed - why not a masseur!! 

Tere are also endless freelancers who went to or are currently attending collage - I always wonder how they get flat enough to fit.

Konstantinos A wrote: Yes, there are many job positions where clients hire freelancers to post fake reviews on multiple websites about their products. It's kind of unethical, but it's not on us to judge.

Did you lose consciousness and your hands just typed that post? What in the world?? (Oh and fake review jobs are not only nothing whatsoever to do with Richard's post, they are also a violation of Upwork's terms of service). 

I am at a complete loss what on earth you are on about. Or what prompted whatever it is that you are on about.

Petra R wrote:

Tere are also endless freelancers who went to or are currently attending collage - I always wonder how they get flat enough to fit.

Konstantinos A wrote: Yes, there are many job positions where clients hire freelancers to post fake reviews on multiple websites about their products. It's kind of unethical, but it's not on us to judge.

Did you lose consciousness and your hands just typed that post? What in the world?? (Oh and fake review jobs are not only nothing whatsoever to do with Richard's post, they are also a violation of Upwork's terms of service). 

I am at a complete loss what on earth you are on about. Or what prompted whatever it is that you are on about.

Lol collages.... if they live in a 2D world, as in being robots, it might work...

Preston H wrote:

I would like to clarify my statement .... but I can't. Not going there. Just know this: I'm not the one wearing the costume, and the masseur is male. 

astepanov83
Community Member

In Russian, and probably many other languages, the verb feel is often used with the reflexive pronouns, while in English it's not (it is, but with a different meaning). A lot of people, who learn English, get to know about this peculiarity too late. In a company I worked for several years ago, we got a message in a group chat, with a lot of UK people in it: "I felt myself not very good this morning. I'll take a day off."

When you pass "costumer/massage" stage in learning English, there are still plenty of opportunities to bring laughter.

Just remembered another one:

- sorry for the trouble

- no warriors

Aleksandr S wrote:

In Russian, and probably many other languages, the verb feel is often used with the reflexive pronouns, while in English it's not (it is, but with a different meaning). A lot of people, who learn English, get to know about this peculiarity too late. In a company I worked for several years ago, we got a message in a group chat, with a lot of UK people in it: "I felt myself not very good this morning. I'll take a day off."

When you pass "costumer/massage" stage in learning English, there are still plenty of opportunities to bring laughter.

- sorry for the trouble

- no warriors

Well I can see that no warriors would be a huge relief to me any way it is intended....

Aleksandr S wrote:

There's also an ambiguity in the expression "feel like" which leads to some corny jokes like this one:

A: I feel like an ice cream.

B: Really? You don't look like one. 

- sorry for the trouble

- no warriors

True story. I once took part in a course/workshop called "The Way of the Worrier". (Pun intended)

Nothing will surpass the time Amazon tweeted to an Irish customer and  apologised for 'the troubles'.

Kim F wrote:

Nothing will surpass the time Amazon tweeted to an Irish customer and  apologised for 'the troubles'.

Ouch! But at least now they know who caused it and have a common **Edited for Community Guidelines**, sorry, enemy.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths