cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Status - Seen

Shahinul I Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
1 of 7

I wonder, if Upwork can apply the feature, message status ( Sent / Seen by Client or Freelancer ) so, it will be helpful. 

Also, A quick link in the Upwork messages Module for important info ( Like server login/username password   ) - Or a Filter with Tagging a Message, within a Client or Filter message by tag. 

A Way to send an email for an old client posting a new job? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Shahinul I wrote:

I wonder, if Upwork can apply the feature, message status ( Sent / Seen by Client or Freelancer ) so, it will be helpful. 

Absolutely not. 

Dreadful idea and every time it is brought up, the vast majority don't want something so intrusive.  People respond when it fit into their schedule. The last thing a professional client or freelancer wants is the other party freaking out along the lines of "ABC read my message hours ago and never responded..." 

Shahinul I wrote:

Also, A quick link in the Upwork messages Module for important info ( Like server login/username password   ) -  

Already exists

already exists.png

Shahinul I wrote:

What is stopping you from sending a message to the client from the old message room?

Or simply apply to the posted job. That's what it's there for.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
4 of 7

Shahinul I wrote:

Also, A quick link in the Upwork messages Module for important info ( Like server login/username password   ) - Or a Filter with Tagging a Message, within a Client or Filter message by tag. 

That's a big nope.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
5 of 7

Submit a proposal-

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 7

I'll give an example of why this is one of the worst ideas that needs to die. And hopefully Upwork doesn't entertain it (again).

So a couple days ago I got a message from a client some time around 9pm my time. I like to look at the messages they send, but by this time I'm tired and don't want to respond. Usually, I'm drinking and relaxing but I just like to see the message in case it's 911 or just to know what I need to do the next day. I looked at the message and didn't reply until the next day because I wasn't able to reply.

If this dumb idea gets implemented, I gotta deal with people ranting that I saw the message and didn't answer. All it does is cause frustration when it's not necessary.

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
7 of 7

Noooooo.

I don't want to feel compelled to reply on a Friday/Saturday night after a bottle of gin. Regardless of booze consumption, I want to be able to reply when I'm ready to reply. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS