cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motivation?

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
21 of 25
i disagree with setting goals reachable in a short period of time, or even being told not to set goals too high that you can not attain them. Two main ones i set as a child, one was reached when i was in my lower 30s, the other when I was in my mid 40s. Another goal i had was seeing a girl across the swimming pool from me and saying to myself, i am going to marry her. Didn't know her name, had no idea where she lived, nothing... We were married 2 years later for over 20 years. At this time, i have three goals, one to be reached next summer, and one of the others , if attained, could very well take 5 or more years. The third one i am keeping quite about. Not because i may fail, but because I am unsure if there is really going to be any return on it like i want.
Irena L Member Since: Jan 10, 2011
22 of 25
Totally agree with you Joseph, I have had a similar experience to the one you had with your wife, it took us 7 years to be together but I knew from the start he was my should mate and that I wanted to spend my life with him. We would be nothing without our dreams, we would never try to be a better version of ourselves or shape our life to reflect the goals and dreams we have.
"It is better to light one candle than curse the darkness"
Eero N Member Since: Mar 9, 2010
23 of 25
Dreaming gets no work done, and if you want to buy into Disney stories of true love and soulmates nobody is going to judge you, but the point is that go for what you personally feel that motivates you. Be it whatever.
Irena L Member Since: Jan 10, 2011
24 of 25
Dreaming takes you to greatness, remember "I have a dream"? Martin Luther King is just one of the many examples that all great men humankind has seen throughout history became great having as starting point a dream. Far from me to make comparisons, all I am saying is that it is dreams that drive us to strive to achieve in our own little way our expectations. Love is just an example (a very important one for me) but you can dream of anything and it is those dreams that will help you visualize where you want to arrive, whether it's family, career or whatever else you desire.
"It is better to light one candle than curse the darkness"
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
25 of 25
Irena stated it very well.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS