🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Movie plots I'd like to see...
Page options
reinierb
Community Member

Movie plots I'd like to see...

Just once, I'd like to see a movie plot in which an alien invasion of Earth ends in a victory for the aliens.

It's not that I would like to live under alien rule, or see Earth destroyed, but rather that I would like Hollywood not to make aliens so stupid that they can't prevent a Windows laptop running XP from corrupting the computers on their gravity-defying ships- "ships" for lack of a better word.     

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

@Reinier B wrote:

Just once, I'd like to see a movie plot in which an alien invasion of Earth ends in a victory for the aliens.

In your dreams.

The first thing that we did after we discretely invaded and took control of your pitiful planet was to hire a law firm that would sue anyone willing to release such a movie.

Are you taking us for amateurs? We've been invading planets for millennia. We know how it's done. Rule #1: Never let the idiots know you invaded them. Never.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
michael_skaggs
Community Member

I think where the "computer virus takes down the alien ship" plot device fell apart was in the editing room. In the original story, the ship recovered at Roswell that they used in the end was actually the basis for most of Earth's computer technology, which was why the laptop they brought along was able to interface with it. Although I can't remember if that was just in the book and screenplay, or if they actually filmed the scene where they revealed that.

As for movies that end in a victory for the aliens, the closest I can come off the top of my head would be Rakka, a short by Neill Blomkamp, and has Sigourney Weaver in it. Not so much the aliens win in the end, but they've already won and have had complete control over the planet for some time, while there are small bands of humans fighting back. Interesting, if bloody and violent short film. But Blomkamp does seem to enjoy a bit of Cronenberg-style body horror. But if you like that, there's also Firebase, set during Vietnam, and Zygote, in which the truly frightening part is all the rigging the animators had to do in order to make the creature work and look realistic.

There was a scene in the movie where someone mentions that much of the technology on the recovered ship had been reverse engineered to work on Earth, but the implication of that is that the aliens made their ships run on Windows, which is ludicrous, since their fleet had managed to get here without crashing.  

Anyway, I am not familiar with Rakka, but I have seen everything else made by Blomkamp, with District 9 probably being the best.   

@Reinier B wrote:

Anyway, I am not familiar with Rakka, but I have seen everything else made by Blomkamp, with District 9 probably being the best.   

Hop on YouTube (or Steam) and look up Oats Studios. All kinds of interesting/gory/weird stuff there, including some really impressive stuff done in the Unity engine (the Adam shorts).

@Reinier B wrote:

District 9 probably being the best.   

District 9 was excellent. It also speaks volumes about how much aliens value South Africa. When they have to invade Earth with their ultra sophisticated technology, they always attack the US first (and eventually get their gray asses kicked by the Yankees).

When the aliens want to get rid of their welfare leeches, they dump them in South Africa.

-----------

@Rene K wrote:

@Reinier B wrote:

District 9 probably being the best.   

District 9 was excellent. It also speaks volumes about how much aliens value South Africa. When they have to invade Earth with their ultra sophisticated technology, they always attack the US first (and eventually get their gray asses kicked by the Yankees).

When the aliens want to get rid of their welfare leeches, they dump them in South Africa.

As if we don't have enough leeches already. However, we did get something out of it- we got an alien/human hybrid that can make little flowers out of soda cans.   

versailles
Community Member

@Reinier B wrote:

In your dreams.

The first thing that we did after we discretely invaded and took control of your pitiful planet was to hire a law firm that would sue anyone willing to release such a movie.

Are you taking us for amateurs? We've been invading planets for millennia. We know how it's done. Rule #1: Never let the idiots know you invaded them. Never.

-----------

@Rene K wrote:

@Reinier B wrote:

In your dreams.

You mean to say that truth had been out there all along, and that Hollywood is trying to cover it up by making the aliens lose everytime? Talk about the art of brainwashing...  

@Reinier B wrote:

You mean to say that truth had been out there all along, and that Hollywood is trying to cover it up by making the aliens lose everytime? Talk about the art of brainwashing...  

How else would you explain Trump?

-----------

@Rene K wrote:

@Reinier B wrote:

How else would you explain Trump?

There is that. But then, some truths are really, really hard to explain if we can't blame the aliens among us. 

Rene K 

Rule #2: Don't mention Rule #1.

How's this for a movie plot?

1. Aliens covertly conquer the earth, undetected by humanity. 
  2. One alien reveals the truth in a freelancer forum, assuming that no one will believe him.
  3. He is sent back to the alien home planet in disgrace.
  4. Another freelancer reads the alien's post and writes a movie script based on the idea. In the script, the alien plot is eventually uncovered. 
  5. The movie is made, one movie-goer becomes convinced it's true, and starts looking for evidence of the alien plot.
  6. But the alien's kill him, and the alien plot is never uncovered.

"So long and thanks for all the fish" - Douglas Adams

Rene K wrote:

@Reinier B wrote:

In your dreams.

Well ... that explains France.  Smiley Wink

I like the stories where not even the aliens know that they're aliens. I'm starting to wonder about myself.

sivavranagaro
Community Member

It's not movie but you have such scenarios in Twilight zone. 😉

Of course, despite the heavy-handed irony, there's Planet of the Apes, which brings up another point. If the aliens win and the movie is that bad, who cares?

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Reinier B wrote:

It's not that I would like to live under alien rule, or see Earth destroyed, but rather that I would like Hollywood not to make aliens so stupid that they can't prevent a Windows laptop running XP from corrupting the computers on their gravity-defying ships- "ships" for lack of a better word.     

What if it was aliens that created "Signs" and fed it to M. Night Shamalan/Dr.Bimbu telepathically just to throw us off? 

We just need baseball bats, lots of water and boarded up windows and doors because..."I don't think they can figure out how to get in." 

Swing Merrill, swing.

christopherbudde
Community Member

The aliens win in Invasion of the body snatchers.

uzairjaam
Community Member

In the sci-fi action film "Celestial Conquest," Earth faces an unprecedented alien invasion led by the technologically advanced race known as the Xyronians. Unlike traditional alien invasion narratives, this time, the aliens are not portrayed as bumbling or incompetent. The Xyronians possess far superior technology, intelligence, and tactics, making them formidable opponents.

The story revolves around Captain Alex Marshall, a brilliant astrophysicist working at a remote observatory. Alex's fascination with extraterrestrial life takes an unexpected turn when he detects a massive energy surge originating from a distant star system. Realizing it is an impending alien invasion, Alex tries to alert the authorities, but the news is dismissed as a hoax.

As the Xyronian armada arrives, humanity is caught off-guard, and conventional weapons prove ineffective against the alien shields and weaponry. The world's military forces unite, but they are quickly outmatched by the Xyronians' advanced capabilities. As cities fall and chaos ensues, Captain Alex's knowledge and expertise catch the attention of the Xyronian commander, General Kha'tok.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths