Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie plots I'd like to see...

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
11 of 19

Rene K 

Are you taking us for amateurs? We've been invading planets for millennia. We know how it's done. Rule #1: Never let the idiots know you invaded them. Never.

Rule #2: Don't mention Rule #1.

Community Guru
12 of 19

How's this for a movie plot?

1. Aliens covertly conquer the earth, undetected by humanity. 
  2. One alien reveals the truth in a freelancer forum, assuming that no one will believe him.
  3. He is sent back to the alien home planet in disgrace.
  4. Another freelancer reads the alien's post and writes a movie script based on the idea. In the script, the alien plot is eventually uncovered. 
  5. The movie is made, one movie-goer becomes convinced it's true, and starts looking for evidence of the alien plot.
  6. But the alien's kill him, and the alien plot is never uncovered.
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
13 of 19

"So long and thanks for all the fish" - Douglas Adams

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
14 of 19

Rene K wrote:

@Reinier B wrote:

Just once, I'd like to see a movie plot in which an alien invasion of Earth ends in a victory for the aliens.

In your dreams.

The first thing that we did after we discretely invaded and took control of your pitiful planet was to hire a law firm that would sue anyone willing to release such a movie.

Are you taking us for amateurs? We've been invading planets for millennia. We know how it's done. Rule #1: Never let the idiots know you invaded them. Never.

Well ... that explains France.  Smiley Wink

Community Guru
15 of 19

I like the stories where not even the aliens know that they're aliens. I'm starting to wonder about myself.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
16 of 19

It's not movie but you have such scenarios in Twilight zone. Smiley Wink

17 of 19

Of course, despite the heavy-handed irony, there's Planet of the Apes, which brings up another point. If the aliens win and the movie is that bad, who cares?

This widget could not be displayed.
18 of 19
This widget could not be displayed.

Reinier B wrote:

Just once, I'd like to see a movie plot in which an alien invasion of Earth ends in a victory for the aliens.

It's not that I would like to live under alien rule, or see Earth destroyed, but rather that I would like Hollywood not to make aliens so stupid that they can't prevent a Windows laptop running XP from corrupting the computers on their gravity-defying ships- "ships" for lack of a better word.     

What if it was aliens that created "Signs" and fed it to M. Night Shamalan/Dr.Bimbu telepathically just to throw us off? 

We just need baseball bats, lots of water and boarded up windows and doors because..."I don't think they can figure out how to get in." 

Swing Merrill, swing.

Community Leader
Christopher B Member Since: Jul 11, 2015
19 of 19

The aliens win in Invasion of the body snatchers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS