cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Giggle for the day

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 10

I had an invite sent for a job. I had to giggle as it said first off my resume had been received. Huh? I didn't apply to their job .. Second the giggle was they typo in the message...

"we believe you are ripe and qualified for an...."

Geee I had my shower today .. I didn't think I was "ripe" 

This job had to be a scam.. All the things pointed to it. One I did not apply to the postion, 2 the person's name who it was sent from were not who sent me the message nor who I was told to report to on Yahoo chat.. 3. Yahoo chat. 4. Unverified payment (which I never apply for) 5. It was an Entry level position (which I never apply for)

But I still had a good giggle....

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
2 of 10

good for you! i can't remember the last time i giggled over a job advert or invite. if it's comic relief i need, i'll surely find it in the forums. Woman LOL

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
3 of 10

good for you! i can't remember the last time i giggled over a job advert or invite.

True, although, I actually do laugh out loud at some of the job adverts but it's more along the lines of laughing in amazement that someone would post a job like that.

I was thinking we might need to start up another thread about cheapskate job postings because I've seen a couple of good ones the last couple of days.

Community Guru
4 of 10

I was thinking we might need to start up another thread about cheapskate job postings because I've seen a couple of good ones the last couple of days.

David,

I agree we need a thread again on cheapskates Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
5 of 10

"I was thinking we might need to start up another thread about cheapskate job postings because I've seen a couple of good ones the last couple of days."

why don't you make a new post about it? i'm not so inclined as i haven't been looking at the jobs board lately, besides, i used to think it was a bad idea to give these cheap jobs their 15 minutes of fame (sorry about that Aleah), but i guess it does help in a way since it's there to supposedly "educate" other freelancers.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
6 of 10

Community Guru
7 of 10

Natasha,

I had a good laugh at your kitty pic....

You know hmmmm, was thinking on that ripe typo. Maybe it wasn't a typo after all maybe it was a fruedian slip... "Ripe for the picking", since it was a scam I am sure lol

Prajwal P Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
8 of 10

Invite jobs make me laugh all the time, one time this so called company invited me without knowing what i do. It was like" your profile is impressive ,, go to .... and fill out ..... (which if i did would take me more than 3 hours)...and then there is 300 question test ,... and then a small fixed price trial job..... then a possible hire"(and the earlier hiring rate is 2$ an hour)

Don't want to be a jerk but i wouldn't do that to be part of Google. Ok, may be for Google but you get my point right ?

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
9 of 10

ripe? yea, probably ment 'rite' Cat LOL

We sure an't got very many emoticon to pick from.

Community Guru
10 of 10

Joseph,

Guess we can add images though wahaha...

wahahaha

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS