🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » My Second Day on upwork.com
Page options
ms_burcu
Community Member

My Second Day on upwork.com

Hello,

This is my second day, and already ran out of my connects with four job applications.

Hoping to survive as a freelancer mathematician and translator, do you have any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Burcu U wrote:

Hoping to survive as a freelancer mathematician and translator, do you have any suggestions?

Sure! Don't lie about your English level....

It is nowhere near "native" level.

ms_burcu
Community Member

How can I change it, i couldn't find the setting for it?

I finally have found and changed it, thanks for the correction:)

By the way, i wasn't lying, the case was that i had thougt that i was that good, but as a native speaker if you've realised i'm not that good, i give credit your thoughts:) 

If your experience is in software development, then why do you want to work as a translator anyway?

I also think that your hourly rate is too high, based on your profile. You should make some improvements in order to spell out what you have to offer that other people don't, and you may have to buy a lot more connects before you land your first job.
aziz_92
Community Member

Hi Burcu,

A bit of constructive critisim: You're trying to do too many things at the same time. Pick one thing, and focus on that, and do it well. Right now, in your profile, you claim to be a translator, software engineer,  mathematician, and a tutor. It's too much.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths