🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: My eyes are burning !!!
Page options
timefighter11
Community Member

My eyes are burning !!!

Working as a web designer is really a tough task where I need to focus on my computer screen for a long period of time. Lately my eyes are burning too much and making me hate to see any kind of screen (Including my cell phone).  Suggest me something to counter this. 

11 REPLIES 11
moonraker
Community Member

https://justgetflux.com/

It makes your screen go a bit 'orange', but it works for me. 

Jamie F wrote:

https://justgetflux.com/

It makes your screen go a bit 'orange', but it works for me. 

Will check it out. But I am using Night Light feature of Windows 10  which also works the same i.e makes the screen bit orange . 

qelerakis
Community Member

Hey Muhammad,

I have the same problem if I don't use eye drops. My advice is to get artificial tears and put a drop or two in each of your eyes every three hours. When you do it the first time, you will feel the same burning sensation since your eyes are too dry. After a day or two, it will feel normal and relaxing and you won't have the problem ever again. The trick is to do it constantly. Whenever I sit in front of my laptop I put two drops, and then I set an alarm for three hours. I do my work, and then when the alarm rings, I put more drops and I do a short stretching routine. I hope this helps you out as much as it has helped me!

Best of luck!

I use lubricating eye drops rather than artificial tears.  My daughter also handed down some reading glasses made especially for computer screens that work some.  The lubricating drops are the best, though.  No stinging.

Mary W wrote:

I use lubricating eye drops rather than artificial tears.  My daughter also handed down some reading glasses made especially for computer screens that work some.  The lubricating drops are the best, though.  No stinging.

Is there any special name for those glasses so I can find it in the  market?
Also, I guess there is no difference in artificial tears and lubricating eye drops. 
Thank you for the suggestion, Mary. 

It's really a good suggestion Stefan. 

I will try to follow this as well. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Muhammad Zeeshan H wrote:

Working as a web designer is really a tough task where I need to focus on my computer screen for a long period of time. Lately my eyes are burning too much and making me hate to see any kind of screen (Including my cell phone).  Suggest me something to counter this. 

I have bluelight blocker glasses, as well as "migraine" glasses. The bluelight blockers are less than $100. The migraine glasses were around $150 USD. That might seem expensive but when I have a migraine and have trouble looking at screens, they really do work. 

2a05aa63
Community Member

use chrome's auto dark mode.

johnchristopher2
Community Member

eye care asus monitor.pngI think someone heard your plea

chickenupwork
Community Member

I tried computer glasses a while back, and they just didn't seem to do much for me. Artificial Tears (or just good old saline eye drops) do the trick, but then I'm pretty iffy about putting stuff in my eyes. What I do now is just set a timer for 15 minutes, and whenever that goes off, start blinking like crazy. I read it somewhere, but apparently it's blinking that lubricates your eyes. Staring at anything without blinking dries your eyes out, and those crazy blinking sessions seem to lubricate them enough for me.

pkbrooks
Community Member

I have everything set to Dark mode on my macOS.  Have eye drops next to my screen.  I use blue blocker readers that help and I have dual Asus PA34V monitors that have built eye "help".  Altogether, my eyes are doing much better.  

Latest Articles
Learning Paths