cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My latest cold-call response

Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
21 of 26

We are so lucky.  We have our careers, can make money at home, and hopefully to the degree sustaining.  I cannot imagine being one of the ones who has to wake up every morning -- perhaps in a call center offshore - and face what is obviously going to be a horrid day.  To know, I am just pushing a product, have to read a script, most people will treat me meanly -- and as soon as one call ends, another number auto-dials.

"Listen, I understand your job is really hard and you have to go through a lot with people.  You maybe work on commission and only commission, so your bread and roof depend on calls like this.  I will be a kind person and ask nicely for you to stop now.  Take me off that auto dialer - and help me have a good day."

Works 100% of the time. 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
22 of 26

I'va pulled this counterscript on some of them and it's funny at times. At least you make them waste some time.

(Source: https://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/counterscript.html)

counterscript.gif

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
23 of 26

I had another Indian scammer on Saturday call me. I am still unsure where the scam was other than maybe robbery? Maybe you guys know...

He called me to tell me that I'd enter my name in an United Airlines raffle and I won a vacation of my choice to any city. Ok, fine I figure I would waste his time so that he has fewer people to call and scam. He gave me the address to a hotel not far from my old address. It was in the ghetto, but it was a real hotel. He told me I need to show up and it's important my husband (yeah I gave him all fake info) and I have to bring our driver's licenses and the name I gave him much match the license. He hounded a lot on the license aspect, so maybe that was the scam. 

He told me that I should go to the front desk, give them my license and make sure I get my license back (weird). That was it. I told him I would go. He never asked me for any CC info or any money. The only thing I could think of was robbery, but seems weird to get the hotel staff involved. He was definitely Indian. Indian call center scammer getting hotel involved with something? I tried googling and couldn't find anything. I looked up the hotel. I know what area it's in, but it's a real hotel.

The only thing I could think of was some time share scam or maybe they are just collecting driver's licenses.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 26

When I first moved to Italy I didn't speak any Italian, so any sales calls were very short.

Ring Ring

Me: "Pronto"

Salesperson " ... something very fast in Italian..."

Me: "Non parlo Italiano"

Click

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
25 of 26

I keep getting calls from "Apple Service Center" which my spam filter doesn't catch.  I don't actually own anything made by Apple.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
26 of 26

re: "I keep getting calls from "Apple Service Center" which my spam filter doesn't catch. I don't actually own anything made by Apple."

Maybe you misunderstood the nature of the call.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 9.43.30 AM.png

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS