🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » My new kitten
Page options
creativedigit
Community Member

My new kitten

Greetings everyone. I thought this might be nice to share. Have a beautiful day. 

28 REPLIES 28
mthornton-cpc
Community Member

Wassim, so cuuuuuute! I'm terribly allergic, but I love kittens on video. 😄 

Melissa, me too.  Allergic but love the videos.  I'm staying with my son's family right now but the cat basically lives in the basement and only comes upstairs at night when everyone is sleeping.  She sits outside their bedroom door and makes the weirdest noises ever. She sounds like a mouse squeeking.

Melissa, I don't know if being allergic is a good or a bad thing, because not allergic means a lot of distractions 😺:dog_face:😆

She's just adorable.  'She' looks like a female ... so apologize to her/him if I guessed wrong.

Hi Wendy! My friend decided to call her Stephanie, but I haven't picked a name for her just yet. I don't know if Stephanie is a common cat name in the states, but I love the name either way.

Wassim T wrote:

Hi Wendy! My friend decided to call her Stephanie, but I haven't picked a name for her just yet. I don't know if Stephanie is a common cat name in the states, but I love the name either way.

Wassim  -  "Bibi" could be nice ... shortened for your little furry loved one.

Wassim T wrote:

Melissa, I don't know if being allergic is a good or a bad thing, because not allergic means a lot of distractions 😺:dog_face:😆

Distraction is woefully underrated. But does that mean you're sharing your office with other furry folks? 

m_terrazas
Community Member

Very beautiful
A tip, in case you did not know, it's not good to get used to play with them like that (a pity, because it's fun), then they can get used to the fact that your hand is a toy and when they are bigger, the fangs are not very funny.
It took us a long time to remove that custom to our cat.

My experience with cats is very shallow, Maria, so I appreciate the information.

Wassim,
If so, look for some information.
They are charming, but with a lot of personality!
I have learned a lot about them looking for information. Now, when they are small, they can pick up a lot of "bad" habits, and usually, it's the fault of us, the human fools 🙂

Maria, kittens, puppies, ... and kids of the 2 legged variety as well.  Smiley Tongue

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aww! I'm such a sucker for cute animal videos. Heart

Soon, this kitty will be sitting on your keyboard too!!

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Wassim T wrote:

Greetings everyone. I thought this might be nice to share. Have a beautiful day. 

Getting an erromessage so I can't watch the video ... but it's a kitty-cat, so I know it's adorable. Happy Father's Day, Wassim. 🙂

ETA: I was just able to watch it. She's a cutie pie.

Regarding names - I've found that if you wait a bit, a name for your furry friend will come to you - either from the animal itself, or the universe ... never sure which. Or possibly a "Name Wassim's new furry friend contest" here in the forums. She doesn't look like a Stepanie.

Awww she is precious!

Wassim, it's adorable!!!  What's it's name?

We used to have one that looked just like her and named her Missy after one of our friends. As she grew older she continued to be an absolutely beautiful girl in appearance and actions.

Wishing you the same luck with your furble. Enjoy!

Thank you, Pat!

My friend called her Stephanie, so the name kinda stuck with her, but I am not sure whether this is fine to call a cat after, though I love the name. She's been here for just 3 days.

Happy to know you have (had?) one that looked just like her.

Wassim, Stephanie sounds good to me. Wendy was right-it's a girl! I'm sure your new fur baby would love any name you'd choose for her.

Sadly Missy kitty passed a few years ago. She and we enjoyed her life immensely. Wishing the same for you and your precious little furble. Let the adventure begin!

Virginia F wrote:

Wassim T wrote:

Getting an erromessage so I can't watch the video ... but it's a kitty-cat, so I know it's adorable. Happy Father's Day, Wassim. 🙂

Regarding names - I've found that if you wait a bit, a name for your furry friend will come to you - either from the animal itself, or the universe ... never sure which. Or possibly a "Name Wassim's new furry friend contest" here in the forums. She doesn't look like a Stepanie.

Virginia, what does a Stephanie look like?

Wassim, I think Stephanie suits her.  Purrfectly.

Pat M wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Wassim T wrote:

Virginia, what does a Stephanie look like?

Not like that cat. More like the Hart to Hart Stephanie (for everyone as old as I am). Smiley Tongue

THIS IS A STEPHANIETHIS IS A STEPHANIE

christopherbudde
Community Member

Ahhhh. It looks just like my dear departed Oreo.

Oh, how terribly precious!!!! Are we certain it's a girl?

I have played "like that" with all my kittens (but instantly reprimanded if they got too rough) and still do with my cats and they are fine, once I gave up my life-long belief that cats can't be trained to do / not do stuff life got far easier.

Welcome to cat ownership!

etrusca
Community Member

Maybe I was lucky with cats, because all of them I have met in my life have showed kindness and smartness (sometimes more than dogs). They come in my garden, start a family and in exchange for food and care received they share with me lovely meows, (sometimes) some fleas they take from friends of their kind and several gifts too (lizards, little flowers etc). All in all a nice experience.

petra_r
Community Member

Antonia B wrote:

they share with me lovely meows,  and several gifts too (lizards, little flowers etc). All in all a nice experience.

Someone threw up a semi-digested gecko in the kitchen this morning... I was not very grateful... I was briefly amazed and/or impressed that someone managed to actually swallow a  gecko more or less whole in the first place but it wasn't really what I was after before coffee

mtngigi
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Antonia B wrote:

they share with me lovely meows,  and several gifts too (lizards, little flowers etc). All in all a nice experience.

Someone threw up a semi-digested gecko in the kitchen this morning... I was not very grateful... I was briefly amazed and/or impressed that someone managed to actually swallow a  gecko more or less whole in the first place but it wasn't really what I was after before coffee

Eww, lol.

This reminds me of the time my beloved Cody (who lived to the ripe old age of 20) came to the back door with a lizard in his mouth. I managed to rescue the poor thing, though a bit of it's tail was missing. The big surprise was that it was carrying a tiny baby lizard (unharmed) on it's back. I set them both on a tree trunk and wished them well.

I love cats, and I love this thread!

I wish I could have a cat again, but once you have one, it's so complicated to travel. 

I have started home and cat sitting, this is quite an experience. I'm going to go look after a charming little cat named Charlie for the second time, that way I can have fun and spend a longer period of time in the town where my dear son lives.

I'm really looking forward to it!

Luce N wrote:

I have started home and cat sitting, this is quite an experience. I'm going to go look after a charming little cat named Charlie for the second time, that way I can have fun and spend a longer period of time in the town where my dear son lives.

That's a great way to combine the very thing pets restrict you doing (travel) and spending time with pets (someone else's... but never mind...)

Do you do that through an agency/platform? I haven't traveled since arriving in Italy but I guess my place would be popular with house or pet sitters being literally 4 minutes walk away from one of the top 10 beaches in the country...

Well, Petra, now that I'm used to dealing with platforms... I'm using another platform to find home-sits. The one I'm using is free for the pet owners. I had to pay a fee, give a copy of my ID papers and a document proving that my address was my real address. Just like Upwork, the first house-sit seems to be a bit harder to find, but as soon as  you get good feedback things get better.

I don't mind if the cat I look after is not my cat, I feel a bit like a grandmother, its up to the parents to deal with the unpleasant sides of having a kid. I have no real responsibility. I'm there just to have fun with the cat and enjoy a rather nice house.

You really should try this type of platforms, or maybe you could temp someone from the forum to look after your cats. In what part of Italy are you?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths