Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Community Manager / New Community Moderator

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 6

What happened to the new Community Manager 'LT' and the new Community Moderator 'VG'? Don't see them around much. Here one day and gone the next? Just curious....

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 6

I'm thinking that since I see them both here and at Elance, that mods and community managers have specific assigned roles. Example, one is more for oDesk and someone else is more for Elance.

I also guess that being a community manager/mod is not their sole role and function. For example, Valeria is a moderator but she also functions as a go-between to support. That's not plain moderating to me, the girl is doubling as an oDesk support agent, a very efficient one at that.

From what I've observed from their posts, the community managers Garnor and Lilian manage a lot of other stuff too. Lilian may not be active in the forums but I've seen new pages at the client resource centre and freelancer resource centre plus the webinars and new youtube videos...since she's always the person introducing updates about those, I'm thinking she's behind them. What I'm saying is some people may not be so visible here but it doesn't mean they're not working their a55es off. 

I think that sometimes we are too harsh on them - like we sometimes place them on the hot seat because they represent the site when the real problem is not them but the site itself. They're just the unlucky ones to be representing it haha Smiley Very Happy

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
3 of 6

I wish they'd have an introductions section for the oDesk mods, community managers, and contributors.

It would be great to get to know them and what role they play  within oDesk so people don't speculate that they're not doing anything. It would also be great to know to which individuals certain concerns can be directly forwarded.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
BEST ANSWER
4 of 6

And (in case I forgot to mention before) a badge next to their names associating them with oDesk and differentiating them from common-or-garden community gurus and the like. (How hard can it be?)

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
5 of 6

I guess they are not adding the badge intentionally. Otherwise people here will fill their inbox with support related queries. Already so many threads with people facing issues on odesk. Frankly if I was working for odesk, I would probably use a fake name and DP on public forums with all those ways to find people on internet these days.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
6 of 6

They're still around and you'll see them here and there. I do agree it'll be valuable to have a place where you can identify our Community Team. We'll get something posted soon.

At the same time, I'm also continuing to review a way for us to "badge" our employees so you know who is "official."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS