🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: New Upwork Project Term Option - 1 month,...
Page options
hilltechnology
Community Member

New Upwork Project Term Option - 1 month, 3 months, 6 month +

Hello, fellow coffee breakers :),

I had an idea yesterday and don't kill if this has been thrown around before but since clients are always looking for the best possible price - I thought it would be interesting if Upwork allowed the freelancer and the client to engage in a mini contract for a certain term. Now, this would be something that could enable someone to offer better competitive pricing by also locking in a certain amount for a period of time. 

Opinions 🙂

Warm wishes and happy holidays,

Josh. 

1 REPLY 1
cupidmedia
Community Member

@Joshua C wrote:

Hello, fellow coffee breakers :),

I had an idea yesterday and don't kill if this has been thrown around before but since clients are always looking for the best possible price - I thought it would be interesting if Upwork allowed the freelancer and the client to engage in a mini contract for a certain term. Now, this would be something that could enable someone to offer better competitive pricing by also locking in a certain amount for a period of time. 

Opinions 🙂

Warm wishes and happy holidays,

Josh. 

1) Clients are NOT always looking for the "best possible price".

2) Forcing a client to continue to work with a freelancer for some specific period of time is asking for trouble.

3) There is nothing stopping freelancers and clients negotiating this type of arrangement already, although a client promising work in the future for low rates now is almost always not worth working with and probably lying.

4) The whole point of freelancing is flexibility for both sides...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths