Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New addition to the family

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
1 of 6

This little fella joined us last week. We're so happy to have him with us even if he is a bit of a drama queen. 

We know he's going to get bigger - about 35k - but we'll be enjoying him as he is now and he won't be loved any less when he does grow.

Say hello to Duncan.

Duncan. .jpg

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

How cute is Duncan Smiley Happy

Pigs are such clever beasts.

Sadly too many people get them and then get rid of them when they grow. 

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
3 of 6

Petra R wrote:

Sadly too many people get them and then get rid of them when they grow. 

There's a mini-pig 'scam' in that people are sold these cute little darlings under the impression they will stay small. Which makes people a bit naive for believing it really. They are pigs after all. 

I'm confident that Duncan will get to around 35kg max but, if he does get much bigger, I've no problem finding a house with a big garden for him (they like to stay outside). 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

Jamie F wrote:

There's a mini-pig 'scam' in that people are sold these cute little darlings under the impression they will stay small. Which makes people a bit naive for believing it really. They are pigs after all. 

Yes, and then they end up getting eaten or dumped.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 6

Jamie, he's just beautiful.  I love pigs almost as much as I love miniature goats.  And pigs can be housebroken I hear, unlike goats.

My son once had a girlfriend whose family bought a "miniature Vietnamese pig".  It kept growing and growing and growing. Then it started getting out and running around the subdivision.  I think it eventually went to the shelter to be adopted.

danielrune13
Daniel R Member Since: Apr 13, 2021
6 of 6

Hello Duncan!

That's a beautifull pig Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS