🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: New addition to the family
Page options
moonraker
Community Member

New addition to the family

This little fella joined us last week. We're so happy to have him with us even if he is a bit of a drama queen. 

We know he's going to get bigger - about 60k - but we'll be enjoying him as he is now and he won't be loved any less when he does grow.

Say hello to Duncan.

Duncan. .jpg

15 REPLIES 15
petra_r
Community Member

How cute is Duncan 🙂

Pigs are such clever beasts.

Sadly too many people get them and then get rid of them when they grow. 

Petra R wrote:

Sadly too many people get them and then get rid of them when they grow. 

There's a mini-pig 'scam' in that people are sold these cute little darlings under the impression they will stay small. Which makes people a bit naive for believing it really. They are pigs after all. 

I'm confident that Duncan will get to around 60kg but, if he does get much bigger, I've no problem finding a house with a big garden for him (they like to stay outside). 

Jamie F wrote:

There's a mini-pig 'scam' in that people are sold these cute little darlings under the impression they will stay small. Which makes people a bit naive for believing it really. They are pigs after all. 

Yes, and then they end up getting eaten or dumped.

Jamie, he's just beautiful.  I love pigs almost as much as I love miniature goats.  And pigs can be housebroken I hear, unlike goats.

My son once had a girlfriend whose family bought a "miniature Vietnamese pig".  It kept growing and growing and growing. Then it started getting out and running around the subdivision.  I think it eventually went to the shelter to be adopted.

danielrune13
Community Member

Hello Duncan!

That's a beautifull pig 😄

He's growing...

These 2 are inseparable. 

Dunc.jpg

That's crazy cute!!

etrusca
Community Member

Duncan is really cute! Pigs are very intelligent and, given them the chance, can be positive presence in a household.

Antonia B wrote:

Duncan is really cute! Pigs are very intelligent and, given them the chance, can be positive presence in a household.

He has a lovely temperament. Very gentle and affectionate. (Although he is a bit of a drama queen) 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Hello Duncan! Oh my, he is cute. Maybe I should get a pig. Then again, too much work. 

When I finally get my many acres and build my McMansion, I'ma have a zoo with all the animals I want. That pig is so cute. I've heard they are really good pets. How long do they normally live?

Jennifer M wrote:

I've heard they are really good pets. How long do they normally live?

About 15 years

Jamie F wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I've heard they are really good pets. How long do they normally live?

About 15 years

/puts pig on her lists of pets

😄

petra_r
Community Member

Friends of my brother's have a fully grown and absolutely massive wild boar as a pet. They found him as a tiny baby after the mum was run over by a car.

He was (presumably still is) a super character, incredibly clean and fun.

How long do they live? Until Easter.

I'm going to get slammed for that one.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths