Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New moon info for working

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 12

When there’s a New Moon, it’s time to begin new projects, initiate contracts, make important phones calls, write up a new proposal or do anything that requires a starting point. It is said the New Moon generates negative ions making us feel better and more willing to begin projects.

Here's a good article on the effects of the Full and New Moons. 

New and Full Moon Affects

Who believes in living according to moon phases? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
2 of 12

Good morning Mariska,

We do!! Seriously, no jokes....all our projects or new things revolve around moon phases and astronomy. Buying a new car, home...getting married, any religious ceremony, etc. Any auspicious or good....

Even the Middle Eastern culture is heavily dictated by the phases of Moon.

Should be more, but I am not aware of them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
3 of 12

Nikhil,

My husband is Trinidadian, part East Indian and part African with some Chinese and white thrown in on dad's side. There are alot of traditions passed down in his family that I used to think were a bit odd. 

We met in Canada. One day I told him he needed to trim his hair. He told me he couldn't because it's not the right moon to do it in. At that time I was seriously wondering how I keep winding up with looney toons. lol. But I'm a firm believer in moon phases now. 

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 12

I beleive in living according to the phases of the Sun...

"When there’s a New Sun, it’s time to begin new projects, initiate contracts, make important phones calls, write up a new proposal or do anything that requires a starting point. It is said the New Sun generates light, making it possible for us to see, and seeing there's a New Sun every day, unlike a New Moon... you don't have to put everything off for up to 29.5 days."

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 12

Living in a city, there is not much of a new sun or moon to see...days are defined by "seeing' and nights by 'not seeing'. For the rest, it is all a haze...

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Elspeth M Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
6 of 12

I really, really like that!

Hey - it's a new day, fresh start!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
7 of 12

I certianly do!  All life works in cycles, from circadian rhythms to seasons, and inevitably life-cycles.  It's psychology and physiology.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
8 of 12

Actually, here's something that I find interesting...

I read a study that showed women wear an average of ~1 inch shorter skirts when going club'n on a new moon.

In the stock market, they came up with something called the "Hemline Theory" which says that shorter skirts are an indicator of good times.  Hehehe... Smiley Wink 

The cause and effect of the moon may or may not be correct, but it seems to me to be a good indicator of psychology.  Like the hour hand on a clock is an indicator of when lunch is.  It doesn't predict when someone will eat lunch, or cause someone to be hungry, but you know there's a lunch rush around noon'o'clock. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 12

I like this hemline theory!

Now, if only I could start a new project... 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
10 of 12

Daniel,

Something similar would be the 'Lipstick Theory' for financial markets...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipstick_effect

I seriously wonder who coins these terms Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS