Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie saying hello!

Ace Contributor
Kym M Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
1 of 14

Hello! There, I said it. 

Just pulse checking the forums here to see how things go around here. I'm not so adept at lurking. I posted a scam thing in freelancers. Hindsight being what it is, maybe that should have gone here.

I digress.

Anything I should know outside of adherence to the community guidelines? Smiley Happy TIA 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 14
Hello yourself and welcome. Not much to know except that the only requirement for a guru label is a certain number of posts, but moderators are Upwork employees so they have resources ordinary contributors can’t access, and one of their many duties is consolidating related threads so don’t be perturbed if you post about topics like connects or job success and your post reappears somewhere else.
3 of 14

Copy that John, and thank you! Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
Julie J Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
4 of 14

Welcome!  Check these forums often as there is a  wealth of info here and better to learn from someone else having trouble than having it yourself.

Ace Contributor
Kym M Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
5 of 14

Thanks Julie! That is for certain the truth. I've been scouring the forums for information for this very reason. 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
6 of 14

Kymlee M wrote:

Thanks Julie! That is for certain the truth. I've been scouring the forums for information for this very reason. 

You will also find helpful hints for gardening, recipes for smoothies and, obviously as we are on an online platform, pictures of cats.  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 14

Martina P wrote:

Kymlee M wrote:

You will also find  pictures of cats.  

Someone said cats!!!

IMG_1358_sm.jpg"Baby"

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
8 of 14
How come your name in the community is Kymlee and is Kym in your profile?

Maybe we can learn something from a newbie!

Welcome to the community!
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
9 of 14

Welcome Kymlee!  As with anywhere, you'll notice there's a wide range of personalities here. Spend just a bit of time here, and you'll pretty quickly learn "who's who and what's what."  Enjoy! 

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
10 of 14

So I figured out that when I preview your profile while logged-in to Upwork, this is how you show up:

logged-in.png

When I am not logged into Upwork, this is how you show up, with a "Kymlee M." instead of "Kym M." as your name, and with a Rising Talent badge!

logged-out.png

Mods: Out of curiosity, why/when does this happen?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS