Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie saying hello!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 14

Wassim T wrote:

Out of curiosity, why/when does this happen?

When someone changes / applies to change their profile name.

Either should be terms of service compliant because  common variations of a legal name (Jim - James, Tom - Thomas, Rob, Bob, Bobby, Robby - Robert) are perfectly fine.

Ace Contributor
Kym M Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
12 of 14
Sorry for the late response, I’ve been offline for a few. I requested a name change, as I saw that people were going for shortened variations of their names like “Bob” for “Robert” or “Bill” for “William” etc. I prefer to go by Kym in professional settings. Smiley Happy it was approved through UW so I’m guess it’s allowed in this circumstance.

Hope that helps!
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
13 of 14

Kym M wrote:

Hello! There, I said it. 

Just pulse checking the forums here to see how things go around here. I'm not so adept at lurking. I posted a scam thing in freelancers. Hindsight being what it is, maybe that should have gone here.

I digress.

Anything I should know outside of adherence to the community guidelines? Smiley Happy TIA 

Some profile critique: Your text is short, and twice you refer to things available on request. 

No client will do that. Nobody will write to you to request further information about you. Everything the client needs to know about you needs to be in your profile. 

The best way to learn how to create a great, job-winning profile is researching other freelancers in the respective field, and be in a client focused mindset when you write it. 

Ace Contributor
Kym M Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
14 of 14
Duly noted Martina. Thanks for the critique. I will make the necessary revisions.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS