🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Next platform update.
Page options
labici-vasile
Community Member

Next platform update.

How does the idea of Upwork Stories sound?
Something similar to instagram stories or facebook. In this way employers can see what the freelancers are up to in a live manner. Discuss!
19 REPLIES 19
lysis10
Community Member

I can assure you no client wants to know what I do with my private life.

To bad 🤭
colettelewis
Community Member

Vasile L wrote:
Something similar to instagram stories or facebook. In this way employers can see what the freelancers are up to in a live manner. Discuss!

No and no discussion. When you have been here a bit longer and have a bit more experience, you will see why. 

Very few people who hire on Upwork are employers any more than you are an employee. They are clients or "buyers" if you prefer. Google is your friend if you want know what the differences between client and employer are. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

I can assure you nobody at Upwork wants clients to know what Jennifer does with her private life.

Preston H wrote:

I can assure you nobody at Upwork wants clients to know what Jennifer does with her private life.

lmao this is probably closer to the truth than my statement.

Preston H wrote:

Last time she mentioned stiletto heels, so I think I have an idea. 

mtngigi
Community Member

I can assure you nobody wants to know what Jennifer does in her private life. We are interested in her cute little Corgi, though.

lysis10
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

I can assure you nobody wants to know what Jennifer does in her private life. We are interested in her cute little Corgi, though.

Warning: thread hijack

My corgi has a lump on her side and she's going into the vet on Monday to have it check. 😞 A little worried about it but my hair girl said she was a vet tech and usually it's nothing.

mtngigi
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Warning: thread hijack (which in this case is fine) Smiley Wink

My corgi has a lump on her side and she's going into the vet on Monday to have it check. 😞 A little worried about it but my hair girl said she was a vet tech and usually it's nothing.

Aww ... my neighnor's dog has had several and they've always turned out to be nothing - well, there's a name for it but I can't remember. Like fatty tissue or something. Fingers crossed it's nothing.

lysis10
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

Aww ... my neighnor's dog has had several and they've always turned out to be nothing - well, there's a name for it but I can't remember. Like fatty tissue or something. Fingers crossed it's nothing.

Thank you, VirginiaFriend. My fingers are crossed too. You gonna see very depressed crazy pin haired lady if I lose my corgi.

This dog and I soldiered through the worst of the freelancing years.

mtngigi
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Thank you, VirginiaFriend. My fingers are crossed too. You gonna see very depressed crazy pin haired lady if I lose my corgi.

This dog and I soldiered through the worst of the freelancing years.

Yes, I think Antonia has it right. They're cysts, usually harmless. Let us know how it goes in a new thread if you want to halt the hijacking. Smiley Wink

Jennifer, how is corgi dog?

etrusca
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

Maybe is a sebaceous cysts. It's not dangerous.

mtngigi
Community Member

Vasile L wrote:

It's not "too bad". This a professional freelancing site, where clients (not employers) seek freelancers for the work they need done. It is not FB or Instagram, **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Maybe I am from the old school of thought but I just cannot understand this fascination (especially with millennials) of sharing EVERY aspect of their lives to millions of strangers on the internet. I don't care what you ate or about your latest selfie. I hope Upwork and other professionals sites do not cave to such a trend. There are only a few places on the internet one can go to get away from the social media frenzy of oversharing.

I was thinking that it should be work related, but now that I give it some much time, sounds bad.

Catherine M wrote:

Maybe I am from the old school of thought but I just cannot understand this fascination (especially with millennials) of sharing EVERY aspect of their lives to millions of strangers on the internet. I don't care what you ate or about your latest selfie. I hope Upwork and other professionals sites do not cave to such a trend. There are only a few places on the internet one can go to get away from the social media frenzy of oversharing.

You mean you don't want to live stream your personal life to your clients? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????????????????????????? 

Jennifer... *face palm* 😂
savysb
Community Member

Vasile L wrote:

This meme is as dead as our coutry's political stability dude, welcome to 2019.

As Jennifer saids, I don't thinks clients are interesteds in ours privates lifes or whatnot..s.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths