cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not All Clients are Created Equal..

Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
1 of 8

Just that the forums are full of rants so I thought I'd share my bottle of sunshine here.  It's all about simple things... that motivate freelancers to stay with a client for a long time.  Just feeling lucky to work for someone who doesn't only know how to value your worth -- but makes sure you guys had a blast too.  

Our client is so insistent that all of us working here get to meetup, enjoy good food (although we had to skip the wine so we don't get sober), plus get ourselves a gift from Uniqlo... all expenses paid.  

Ah, you don't get to meet clients like this everyday.  Thanks Odesk!  Hope you get to attract more quality clients Smiley Happy

Marissa B Member Since: Nov 22, 2014
2 of 8

Wow, that sounds amazing! Great to hear that since I'm feeling quite discouraged after a rude encounter with **edited for Community Guidelines**. 

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
3 of 8

Nice story, and it just shows that a little bit of kindness can really make a huge difference for their workers.

I just did a job for a guy regarding Audi, I was crossing my fingers that he'd give me an Audi A7 for my efforts...but no Smiley Sad

Jenn B Member Since: Sep 6, 2008
4 of 8

So lucky to find such client! May the Invisible Pink Unicorn bless them.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 8

Very cool Marissa, thanks for sharing!

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
6 of 8

Nice to see this post. I thought my office coffee days were over when I started full time on odesk. 

I feel like I made a mistake for not sticking with my projects on odesk with some really good clients. I usually tend to move to more interesting or exciting opportunities whenever I can. Not to mention I like taking long breaks after a few months of full time work and until now I thought of it as a good idea. However recently I encountered a very bad client(The angry, Unrealistic and racist kind that I thought only existed in forum rants). He had really messed up my profile for now with his reviews and ratings. This makes me miss the old guys. Hope I will get those days again. 

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
7 of 8

Without a doubt there are thousands of good jobs and quality clients here on oDesk. Despite some of the negative issues written about in the forums (including my own contributions), the reason I stay here is because of the fantastic online business relationships I have had with oDesk clients. Besides, oDesk does the bulk of the accounting for my operations Smiley LOL

Edited 01/09/2015 RT/lwm

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
8 of 8

I thought I would jump in here a bit late, but I have been with two of my clients going on 2 years now. I work full time between the two of them and do some odds and ends inbetween, but I was fortunate when I started on Odesk to get two of the best clients anyone could ask for,

I have not experienced the negativity some have. Knock on wood I find myself fortunate that my first two experiences were postive and continue to be.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS