🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Notification of Proposal
Page options
c4128c24
Community Member

Notification of Proposal

Hi All,

Just wondering, why Upwrok don't provide information about our proposal on certain project? In other words, Upwork only provides a statistic about our proposals in total compared to others (based on viewed, interviewed and hired). But there is no information whether our proposal has seen or not by client for a certain project. Maybe someone can give the rationale reasons about it. 

Your words really appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
florydev
Community Member

I can't give you the official rationale but here is why I don't think it matters.

You learn that the client looked at it, what does it tell you?  Why didn't they like it?  You are still left to assume you missed somehow.

So they didn't look at it, what does that tell you?

Here is the answer for both, your proposal was not engaging enough for them.  You failed to catch their attention completely.

Here is the only metric that matters is getting a message from the client.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Andreas K wrote:

Hi All,

Just wondering, why Upwrok don't provide information about our proposal on certain project? In other words, Upwork only provides a statistic about our proposals in total compared to others (based on viewed, interviewed and hired). But there is no information whether our proposal has seen or not by client for a certain project. Maybe someone can give the rationale reasons about it. 

Your words really appreciated

Because enough people are already fretting about their profile views and lots of other unimportant stuff and getting a bit paranoid about it, so adding on to that would be unproductive for upwork as well as for freelancers. They don't want a flood of "client looked at my proposal but didn't hire me why is that?" threads. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths