🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Number of invitations
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Number of invitations

It would be wonderful to be able to filter jobs by number of invitations sent. I never get invited to anything, probably because my JSS is somewhere around negative Avogadro's number. I refuse to beg for feedback.

If I find an interesting job that I am certain I can do well, too often I open it and see that 38 freelancers have been invited. I don't bother responding if more than ten have been invited. In a quarter of the cases, I find that the job will require a broad skill-set to deliver. I seriously doubt that there are 38 UW freelancers with that broad skill-set.

Pet peeve and rant. Feel free to ignore.

5 REPLIES 5
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Absolutely agree.  I am certainly not going to submit to anything with more than 10 invites in most cases.

+ another.

creativedigit
Community Member

+1

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

@Bill H wrote:

It would be wonderful to be able to filter jobs by number of invitations sent. I never get invited to anything, probably because my JSS is somewhere around negative Avogadro's number. I refuse to beg for feedback.

Bill, are you implying that those of us with high JSS numbers beg for feedback? I certainly don't.

@Phyllis G wrote:

@Bill H wrote:

Bill, are you implying that those of us with high JSS numbers beg for feedback? I certainly don't.

Me neither, but then again, it is not only lack of feedback that can make a JSS look like a negative Avogadro's number. Client dissastisfaction also features prominently in this equation, so no matter how broad one's skill set is, one's JSS can tank surprisingly quickly if clients don't see a broad skill set in a deliverable.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths