🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Ole hippy geek needs help pls
Page options
jokerette
Community Member

Ole hippy geek needs help pls

What would you call me? A "Heek?" a "Gippy" Nahhhh.

At any rate, I've been a developer and tech writer since gawd was born. Had a HUGE list of clients on Elance, which poofed like bong smoke into the wind. (Never mind 'dust'!) 

I'm fighting and clawing here, as to be expected, but I cain't get no satisfaction. I write, and I write... but I cain't GET NO! In other words, I never got that rising talent thing and forget the other one. So I'm sittin here on the dock of the bay, wasting time, ohhhh...

NEVER should have thought about music at this hour of the AM. Shoot me if you like - my daughter will do it for free! 😉

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
boshoffirene
Community Member

You know what I would do if I were you? I would split my profile...one for the tech writing stuff, the other for the novels etc. 

I took my novel stuff out completely because nobody in my other field took me seriously. I mean, HOW can someone who writes fiction write something technically complicated, right? *GASP!!* I mean.... mentally incompetent and all that jazz...

Yes, we both know that is a load of cra*ola, but it is all about perceptions. Or assumptions. And you know about assumptions being the mother of all....well...you know the rest. No need to spell it out and get a boot under the posterior cavity and all that...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
boshoffirene
Community Member

You know what I would do if I were you? I would split my profile...one for the tech writing stuff, the other for the novels etc. 

I took my novel stuff out completely because nobody in my other field took me seriously. I mean, HOW can someone who writes fiction write something technically complicated, right? *GASP!!* I mean.... mentally incompetent and all that jazz...

Yes, we both know that is a load of cra*ola, but it is all about perceptions. Or assumptions. And you know about assumptions being the mother of all....well...you know the rest. No need to spell it out and get a boot under the posterior cavity and all that...

uhh i thought i did split the durn thing!!! how does one do such a thing?? And thank you.

PM'd you on that...and you welcome 🙂

Latest Articles
Learning Paths